How do you empty the fresh water tank?

Re: How do you empty the fresh water tank?

Postby judi » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:56 pm

Something to remember - every liquid we put on the ground results in traces of it reaching water where fish live. The pink stuff might not be toxic to us, but it changes the ph of water. This includes soapy water used to wash dishes as well as water from our tanks. Slight changes in water ph can have dramatic effects on wildlife.
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Re: How do you empty the fresh water tank?

Postby cmcdar » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:34 pm

I currently own a 87 Fleetwood Terry Resort. (I have two campers)

I too have searched hi and lo for an owners manual. Fleetwood (I think the original company was bought out) now only concerns itself with motor homes and has left the rest of us helpless...

Anyway, on my Fleetwood, there is NO handy little valve to open to drain the tank. The only thing I found was a plug that could be removed to drain it. (messy)

On another note, When I was a novice camper owner, I did not realize that the fresh water tank was totally separate from the shore water supply. It never knew it til I got Hybrid Travel Trailer. Towing around a ton of water MATTERS! Ha Ha.

Anyway, if I connect my water hose to a water hook up at a campground, that water goes directly into my water lines to sink, toilet, etc. None of the campground water will get into my fresh water tank. If I will be somewhere where there is no water, I can fill my potable (fresh) water tank and use my 12v pump to deliver water to my waterlines.
Somewhere there is a beach with my name on it.

cmcdar

Previous

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues