TV

Re: TV

Postby chalet05 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:23 pm

I record most everything so flash thru commercials.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Judy, thanks for explaining the one receiver ... that's exactly what I needed to know - and one receiver will work great for me. I'll probably need to point down to the main tv, also, but that's not a problem. And that allows me to be one step closer to purchasing - as the extra expense of the 2nd receiver was not one I wanted to make!

It's sure easier to get information online for Dish than for DirecTV. Especially with pricing.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:27 am

Bethers wrote:...Next question - I have two tv's - would never need to use both at once - how hard is it to move the receiver (or do I HAVE to purchase two receivers?)??

Beth, you can run a splitter off of the receiver - the splitter must be on the outgoing side of the receiver, i.e. AFTER signal goes into the box. If you set up your box for RF (radio frequency) signals, it'll go through walls and you can just leave the receiver in one place (believe it or not - I had two TVs in my first little trailer and did just this). Both televisions will have to be on the same channel. Your rig, I'll bet, is small enough to not even have to use RF - IR will probably work.

Here is a link to ultra thin coax cable, which I have been using for years and years. That "regular" stuff is too thick to be flexible to run (and conceal) easily. There are some purists who will say that this cable is too thin for long runs. I say BS - I've run over 100' and there was no visible loss of video quality.

http://www.l-com.com/audio-video-thinline-cable-assemblies-small-diameter-75-ohm-coaxial-cable-with-in-line-type-f-plugs

For DirecTV, none of the signals will be HD; but on a small television, I don't see much difference. Also, SD signals will remain functional a lot better than HD signals in bad weather.
mitch5252

Previous

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues