Winnebago Recall

Winnebago Recall

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:33 pm

Good Sam's just notified me of a possible recall for my motorhome. Because it's a mh and I have two other doors, I'm not overly concerned, but will be checking to see if my exact mh is involved. Here's the information (less my specific vehicle info) if any of you need it:

NHTSA Campaign ID: 15V510000
Manufacturer: Winnebago Industries, Inc

Recall Date: 20150812
Component: LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES
Potential # of Units Affected: 3307
Summary: Winnebago Industries, Inc. (Winnebago) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Winnebago Vista, Brave, Trend, Minnie Winnie, and Itasca Sunstar, Tribute, Viva!, and Spirit vehicles manufactured March 18, 2013, to November 18, 2014. Due to a manufacturing issue, the deadbolt locks installed on the vehicles may become stuck in a locked position.
Consequence: A stuck deadbolt could potentially trap occupants inside the vehicle, increasing the risk of injury.
Remedy: Winnebago will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and repair deadbolts as needed, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin early September. Owners may contact Winnebago customer service at 1-641-585-3535, or TriMark customer service at 1-641-394-3188.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Winnebago Recall

Postby MandysMom » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:36 pm

That is serious if you get trapped. I like that I have 4 doors on my van so I have options. If I were to get another RV I esp if a A I would opt for a driver door if I could for a second exit.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues