Magazine that says what cars can be flat towef

Magazine that says what cars can be flat towef

Postby JRKERMIT » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:33 am

Ok ladies I know there is a magazine that list what cars can be flat towed . I cannot remember the name of it. Help me our please. We are going to start researching what we want to but to tow.
Thanks
Don't worry if plan A fails there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.
JRKERMIT

Re: Magazine that says what cars can be flat towef

Postby gingerK » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:08 am

I just googled cars that can be towed flat and got a ton of hits. Here's one:

http://rv-roadtrips.thefuntimesguide.co ... towing.php
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby FinallyTime » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:25 am

FinallyTime

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:36 am

And read the fine print. Some models are towable without adaptations, until a new model year comes out and they no longer are towable. Same with whether both Standard transmission and/or Automatic are towable. Just to keep us on our toes, there are sometimes changes from yar to year. :shock: :roll:
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:05 pm

FinallyTime wrote:Hope this link works http://www.motorhome.com/download-dinghy-guides/

This is the official one - all the others seem to get their info from them.

That said, if you want older guides, I have most of them and can email them to you if you ask.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JRKERMIT » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:21 am

Beth thanks for the back editions . I have looked at them all and now have an idea of where to start our search. It seems still a bit confusing I am guessing I will have more questions for everyone as we narrow down the search.
JRKERMIT

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:35 pm

My 2013 Honda CRV can be flat towed but the 2015 can't. I think the 2014 can but I'm not sure. I wonder if the Honda Fits had the same changes? I see a lot of Hondas being towed. I wonder how much that will affect the sales of those cars.

Also look at the weigh of the cars. When I was looking the Chevrolet Equinox could be flat towed but it was almost 1,000 lbs heavier than the CRV.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:20 pm

Martha, the weight was just one more reason I went with the Honda Fit over the CRV. The salesman tried to up sell and I asked him to quote out the weights. :) (Not saying that I haven't on occasion stuffed it with inflatable kayaks and hauled the extra pounds down the highway.) That and I didn't need the larger vehicle for everyday travels........
BirdbyBird

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:12 pm

Tina, I would have gone with the Fit too but Harold can just barely get his size 14 feet in the CRV. :lol:

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:19 am

That I understand. :) My dad would not have fit well but he was 6'4". Dennis does alright but would rather ride in his Subaru which is find with me. There are advantages to having multiple vehicles. :)
BirdbyBird

Postby JRKERMIT » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:04 am

The Honda fit or CRV 15 cannot be flat towed. Right now if we get a new car I am leaning toward a Ford Fiesta. I am also looking at Equinox. If we have done our calculations right we still have even more wiggle room for extra weight etc. But really do not want to go higher. T
We want to be able to take our bikes also I am worried that with the Fiest we cannot tow it and bikes be on rv. With the Equinox we can put the bike rack on it.
JRKERMIT

Postby sharon » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:30 am

JRKERMIT wrote:The Honda fit or CRV 15 cannot be flat towed. Right now if we get a new car I am leaning toward a Ford Fiesta. I am also looking at Equinox. If we have done our calculations right we still have even more wiggle room for extra weight etc. But really do not want to go higher. T
We want to be able to take our bikes also I am worried that with the Fiest we cannot tow it and bikes be on rv. With the Equinox we can put the bike rack on it.

I'm a Ford gal..my dad liked fords, my husband was a Ford man....That being said, I really wanted the Ford Escape to tow, did due diligence about it, and then found out that the trannys were going out and Ford wouldn't warranty them because they had been towed, even tho the manual said they could be towed. Ford had another that was towed without a problem, but don't think they make it anymore. Just don't trust Ford to stand behind their product. I may indeed end up with another Ford before next year. An F-150 4X4. Seems I can tow it 4 down and put my motorcycle in the bed....WooHoo!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Queen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:50 pm

Love the idea of the F150 4x4 with a motorcycle in the back... but they've made the danged truck beds so far up in the air I'd need a winch to load it!!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:11 pm

Sharon, I looked at the Ford Escape too when I was looking for a car. I saw all the complaints on line about the problems people were having towing it. I happen to like the Ford dealer in Lafayette since they are the only ones that will work on my motorhome but I wasn't taking a chance with an Escape.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:43 pm

I'm a Ford girl, also. But my toad ended up being a Chevy because of some of the problems I read about with the Ford's. I rarely see one in tow. Not saying I wouldn't ever get one, but sure would prefer to see some positives.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Next

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues