Remote car door not locking! Fixed!

Remote car door not locking! Fixed!

Postby Birdie » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:24 pm

My Chevrolet HHR has a remote lock/unlock clicker. About a year ago it would unlock but not lock the doors. What a PITA! I normally would lock the door as I was getting out of the car. Then there were those times when I'd wonder did I lock it? Walk back to check because, as you know, us full timers always have things we didn't want or have room for in the rig! Well, well, well! Today I decided time to order a new clicker.

Googled Chevy remote and saw a couple of 'you tubes' that looked interesting about repairing the remote. So I watched the one on how to clean the circuit board, but I had done that! Okay so re-do it! Still not working. So I watched the next one about placing small piece of foil at the position where the little button should touch the circuit board. Much like what my brother had me do when my solar powered hummingbird would not light up. It worked! I am a happy camper now.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Re: Remote car door not locking! Fixed!

Postby Acadianmom » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:17 pm

My motorhome has an after market security system. I only got one set of keys and remote when I bought it. The place on the remote where it attaches to a key chain broke. I found a local business that sells that brand of security system and they were suppose to order me a new remote. After several months and no action on their part I searched on the internet for what I needed. I found one myself for $12. The company quoted me $25. If I don't have that remote I can't turn off the alarm when some dummy(me) sets it off. My motorhome is a 2002 so I hope I don't have to go through that again because I probably won't be able to fined another one.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues