Posting Pictures

Re: Posting Pictures

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:36 pm

Good job - you learned how to post to a post!

Ok, here's what you want size-wise for an avatar:

(dimensions width 75 x height 90 - you'll put those into the space necessary when you upload the avatar to this site).

For the avatar, you'll go into your control panel - and where you put in the picture, you'll have to use a different code (after you upload this one) - use the DIRECT link code for that - put in the dimensions I gave you here - and voila, you'll have a signature picture.

(If you aren't sure how to save this picture - right click on it and save it to your computer, then upload it to Photobucket and it'll be this size).
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby carold » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:20 pm

Mitch, I'll have my computer and air card, so no getting out of it :lol: carold
carold

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:15 pm

carold wrote:Mitch, I'll have my computer and air card, so no getting out of it :lol: carold

At least SOMEONE trusts me not to damage their computer!! :lol: :lol:
You're on. We can do it over cocktails one evening (or afternoon, or morning Mimosas...you get my point...)

mitch5252

Postby Marslet » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:13 pm

OK I have the pic of my states, now what do I do with it?

Marslet

Marslet

Postby VickieP » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:58 pm

Marslet wrote:OK I have the pic of my states, now what do I do with it?

Hehehehehe :twisted: :lol: :lol:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Marslet wrote:OK I have the pic of my states, now what do I do with it?

Upload the pic of your states to your Photobucket account (or whichever hosting service you use).
Copy the [IMG] codes (begin and end) for the picture.
Come back here. Go to your User Control Panel. Edit Signature and paste the code in the white box.
That should do it.

mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Good job, Travelin Nana - you got it!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Travelinana » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:25 am

Bethers, I forgot about 'photobucket' when I posted some pics yesterday.. I will use pb from now on as I didn't like how mine came up and the difficulty also, not to mention one posting 3 times. My next problem is how to post pictures in a signature. I went back to editing and I'm still confused. Will I be able to delete or change pictures if and when I choose to :?:
Nancy & Rudy Image
Finding wealth in what you are and not what you have. Living with less is living well indeed.
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:10 pm

Yes you can change your pics in your signature, or your avatar, etc.

For your signature, go into your User Control Panel - and follow the links to your signature, and you will type in the link in a box like this one - make sure signature pictures are farily small ones. And use the img code link for your signature, same as you use to put pictures into the post (using Photobucket).

(When you do your avatar, you use a direct link code - only place on here you use a different code.)
Beth
Bethers

Postby Travelinana » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:12 am

I hope I'm not going to be embarrassed :oops: Hopefully this will be thumbnails of my companions Rudy and Lovey in the signature space..We'll see :!: :?:
Nancy & Rudy Image
Finding wealth in what you are and not what you have. Living with less is living well indeed.
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Postby Travelinana » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:15 am

Bethers, Help :!: :!: I was hoping to add text too but now I'm afraid to do anything :?
Nancy & Rudy Image
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Postby Bethers » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:04 pm

I'm guessing here that you didn't scroll down and click "submit" after putting in what you want? If you found the Edit Signature area - and added the info - then you have to submit, like you do with a message. Then it should show up. If that's not it- try text alone and see if the text shows up - that would mean you're doing something wrong with the picture. If that's the case, we'll figure that out :)
Beth
Bethers

Postby Travelinana » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:45 pm

[i][i]Okay, here goes nothing :!: :?: I am hoping for pics only. what I sent earlier contained the html along with the pics..still don't know for sure what I did. If this turns out right I will see if I can put some text in. I sure feel like a slow learner :oops: but I'm not a quitter, most of the time :roll:[/i][/i]
Nancy & Rudy Image
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Postby Travelinana » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Travelinana wrote:[i][i]Okay, here goes nothing :!: :?: I am hoping for pics only. what I sent earlier contained the html along with the pics..still don't know for sure what I did. If this turns out right I will see if I can put some text in. I sure feel like a slow learner :oops: but I'm not a quitter, most of the time :roll:[/i][/i]

Sure wish I could take this last post back :cry: I do believe I had it as in my previews it looked right, my pics were there without the html but then I forgot to hit 'submit'
I'm taking a rest, have some chocolate ice cream with strawberry mixed in too then back to it :!: :!:
Nancy & Rudy Image
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Postby PeggyinCT » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:29 pm

Florida GTG practice photo
PeggyinCT

PreviousNext

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues