Posting Pictures

Re: Posting Pictures

Postby Carol » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:58 pm

Yesterday I got my picture into PB, but today there aren't any links underneath it when I scroll my mouse over the picture. What do I do now. Someday I just might figure this out! LOL
Carol

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:54 pm

Bethers wrote:Thanks, Mitch!

No problema, señorita.
Oh, wait...you're not in Mexico anymore - you're in Alabama.
Y'all 'r welcome.

mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:57 pm

Carol, look at the last few posts above yours - there are directions, with pics even, by Mitch - to show you how to get those to show.

Also, if your Photobucket page when you open it shows icons for albums - click on the icon to the album your picture is in - you might just get them by doing that alone.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Travelinana » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:45 am

This is the hardest posting of a photo I've ever come across. I got as far as getting my photo uploaded, then I assume I am to choose a link code. Is this the one for bulletin boards and forum? I chose this and I clicked on 'post to website' but this only gave me several to choose from. I was lost as to how to post to this forum. I never did see the size choices you talked about. Since it's my photo for 'avatar' :?: I assume this should be small. Anyway, Help Please! :?
Nancy & Rudy Image
Finding wealth in what you are and not what you have. Living with less is living well indeed.
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:16 am

Dang, I had it all explained in great detail then somehow hit a wrong button and it's all gone!!! DANG.

I'll give it another try (maybe this time, it'll be clearer!)

Posting an avatar is different than inserting a picture in a post. With the avatar in your User Control Panel, you want the DIRECT LINK code from Photobucket. You will have to play around with the dimensions so you don't looked squished or fat. You DO NOT want the Start & Stop [IMG] codes in this instance.

INSERTING A PICTURE IN A POST

Now, you WANT the two [IMG] codes, but ONLY 1 set of them. From Photobucket, it's the IMG Code line and come back here to your composition window and just paste it.

If it's a picture from some other web site, for instance an animated gif, you right click on the gif, copy img URL, come back here to your composition window, click on the Img code just at the top of your composition window and paste the image from the other web site in between the [IMG] codes. But you DO NOT WANT TWO SETS of IMG codes.

Clear? If you want more, I can post some pictures with instructions.

Hope it helps!
mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:27 am

Depending on how your computer is set up - when you click on the code you want, it might say copied on your screen or it might just highlight it. If it highlights the code, then you need to right click on the code and select copy. Then come to your post and select paste (or to the avatar area in your control panel).

I know it seems really confusing - but after you do a few times, it'll seem really easy.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby carold » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:42 am

Maybe at the Arkansas GTG, for those of us photo challenged, we could have a mini course????? carold
carold

Postby Travelinana » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:57 am

Bethers,
You lost me at come back to my control area and paste into the avatar. I just now found control panel. I'm :x at me for still being so :?
Travelinana
Nancy & Rudy Image
Finding wealth in what you are and not what you have. Living with less is living well indeed.
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:00 am

You only need the control panel if you want to post an avatar. Otherwise, you'll be posting into your post. You can try it on one right here. If you have the picture in photobucket, open here to reply - and go to photobucket and select the img code - then paste it into your message here - and hit submit and see if you get it :) If not - we'll figure it out.

The control panel is how you get into the area to post an avatar. Or a signature.
Beth
Bethers

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:03 am

carold wrote:Maybe at the Arkansas GTG, for those of us photo challenged, we could have a mini course????? carold

I'd be glad to, if The Pest would let me use her con-fuser (I don't have an aircard) to get online to PhotoBucket.
She might not after what I pulled on her last year, although I do promise on my Mother's grave that I will never do that to her again!

mitch5252

Postby VickieP » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:07 am

mitch5252 wrote:
carold wrote:Maybe at the Arkansas GTG, for those of us photo challenged, we could have a mini course????? carold

I'd be glad to, if The Pest would let me use her con-fuser (I don't have an aircard) to get online to PhotoBucket.
She might not after what I pulled on her last year, although I do promise on my Mother's grave that I will never do that to her again!

I have orders to not let anybody touch my computer! :roll: :lol:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:14 am

VickieP wrote:
mitch5252 wrote:

I have orders to not let anybody touch my computer! :roll: :lol:

Well, I guess that's a No-Go, unless Vickie wants to do it...
mitch5252

Postby VickieP » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:23 am

mitch5252 wrote:Well, I guess that's a No-Go, unless Vickie wants to do it...

I'm no expert but I'm sure others that are there would be willing.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Travelinana » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:25 am

OK, here goes...I hate to have a drink this time of day :lol:

Okay, you techies :shock: I managed to get it smaller but it's still too big and this was my smallest option. I do need help getting it above my name or like everyone elses's, then I'll see if I can get a pic up of my Destiny.
This computer stuff is agony or ectasy isn't it?
Last edited by Travelinana on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nancy & Rudy Image
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Postby Travelinana » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:27 am

Oh, wow...it's there but now how do I get it to the correct place and much smaller. Thanks

Bethers, I had forgotten how good it feels to struggle through something on the computer with the slightest bit of light at the end of the tunnel keeping me going. I will see if I can do other pictures as I really like pictures of others I am e-connected with. Thanks again, Travelinana
Last edited by Travelinana on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nancy & Rudy Image
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

PreviousNext

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues