Posting Pictures

Re: Posting Pictures

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Liz, as you look at your photo in photobucket, there should be the word 'edit' at the top left of it. Click on that, then click on resize on the next page. Now what numbers to resize to, I haven't a clue. They use to say small, med and lge. Now they just want numbers. ;)
PS When I downloaded the flower pictures I last posted I didn't bother with any editing and they came out exactly the right size for the forum.
AlmostThere

Postby Bethers » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:33 pm

Lenora, we resize before putting them on photobucket - so that they'll load faster.

Liz, the one I gave you was for the operating system you were using. But I found another I'm using now on my new computer - I'm looking in my history to find which one I downloaded. It works almost the same, but I had to make the custom size be the size I want as the small, med, large, etc were all sizes different. Well, found the one I used and it doesn't look like it works for Mac. Dang. So, I did a search and found this one for Macs: http://smallimage.en.softonic.com/mac I don't know how well it works, but wouldn't hurt to try, I wouldn't think.

Good luck.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby cpatinjones » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:49 am

Hello Bethers,

I am new here, as well as new to Photobucket. As you can see, I am confused on how to get my photo albumn link in my post. Since it is 85 photos, I thought it would be better to post the link to the album, instead of individual photos. I don't want my pics open to the public on Photobucket, so I checked off the private button for my albumn. It seems when I do that, you gals cannot get into my albumn. Any hints or suggestions on how to resolve my dilemia? Thanks.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:10 pm

Carolyn,

Beth might not see this right away. so I'll weigh in. Usually we pick a few pics representative of our trip and post them here via PB. I can understand why you don't want to post 85. :D That way you can keep your full album private as you wish, and post some here by copying the IMG code into your message.

That looks like a great campground. i was interested in your friend playing fiddle,... good music!
Cedar518

Postby cpatinjones » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:17 pm

Cedar, Thanks for the reply/info. I "think" I get it know. :-)
Carolyn
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:43 pm

Cedar answered that for you. One other comment. If you really want to show so many pictures, then you might want to start a blog. Not all the ladies will go to it - but there you could post anything you want. That, though, would be public again.

Whatever you decide to do - let us know if we can help you figure out how to do it :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby cpatinjones » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:49 pm

Cedar, I guess I didn't get it. :-(

I copied the IMG link of my photo in Photobucket. It did not display. I will again. :)
Carolyn
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:18 am

cpatinjones wrote:Cedar, I guess I didn't get it. :-(

I copied the IMG link of my photo in Photobucket. It did not display. I will again. :)

usually ..... (operative word here is "usually!" :lol: ) when you draw your cursor over the pic you want to post there will be text show up under the pic with one of the things listed being the IMG code. Click on it and do a Control C... go to your post and do Control V.... the link should now be in the post. i usually go to Preview next to check to see if it worked. .... again "usually"... Good luck! :D
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:55 pm

Carolyn,
Did you figure it out? I see you now have an avatar (which doesn't use the image code, but the direct link). Always something to break the rules, isn't there? And that's a great picture, btw. Nice to put a face to the name.
Beth
Bethers

Postby Liz » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Bethers wrote: So, I did a search and found this one for Macs: http://smallimage.en.softonic.com/mac I don't know how well it works, but wouldn't hurt to try, I wouldn't think.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot Beth, I will try it and let you know how it works.....probably not until I get home and have time to play with it.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Carol » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:56 pm

well, for goodness sakes, I always thought I was up on computer stuff. But I can't figure out how to get the picture from Photobucket to here ;)
Carol

Postby Liz » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Carol, you have to paste the IMG code in your message. When you wave your cursor over a photo in Photobucket the codes appear below the pic. (Supposed to anyway). Choose the one that says IMG, NOT the direct link. It looks like this:
[IMG.]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l75/lizcrus/Florida/manatees/IMG_4449.jpg[/IMG.]

I put some extra periods in so it wouldn't work in this example.

Copy & paste that link into your message.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:23 pm

In my case, it doesn't appear when I cursor over the image, but the choices are under the image with various codes to copy and paste. If the IMG code is not there in either the way Liz said or mine, let us know and I will go in and find how to make them appear for you. Sometimes you need to choose which codes you want to have appear. And if you want to put in an avatar image, there you use the direct link code.
Beth
Bethers

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:48 pm

Here's some screen shots from my PhotoBucket album:

Note the red arrow.

Clicking on LINK OPTIONS will get you here:

Hope this helps!
mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:08 pm

Thanks, Mitch!
Beth
Bethers

PreviousNext

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues