Posting Pictures

Posting Pictures

Postby Bethers » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:47 pm

THIS IS AN ADDENDUM TO BETH'S ORIGINAL POST. I would appreciate any comments/input on the clarity of the information contained in the link, please!

Mitch

Posting Pictures Using Photobucket

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

These are the very basics, and very brief. If you need further info, please post and I'll add it - or someone else will :)

Go to http://www.photobucket.com (in this forum you need to right click on links and say to open in a new window - so you can keep the forum up)

You then upload any pictures to photobucket that you want to post. I suggest you use the large size (640X480) as that's the best size to post - or go smaller, but you don't want to post anything bigger size-wise. For an avatar, you'll want your picture to be no bigger than 100X100.

After you get them uploaded, it'll give you links under your pictures. To post within a thread, all you need to do is post the IMG link they give you. Same if you want to post in your signature. But if you want to post in your avatar, you need to post the "direct link" given and, in some cases, it won't post correctly unless you put in the size (make sure it's no bigger than 90 x 90).
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Posting Pictures

Postby Sunseeker » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:53 pm

Ok, you had me at right click on links. Where the heck is links. I already know how to do this and I'm confused :? The rest gets easier. Thanks Beth
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Bethers » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:04 pm

LOL - by links, I mean anything that is a link to another site- like above (and here) www.photobucket.com is a link. If you simply click on it, you'll lose this page, but if you do as I said above, you'll have both pages open and can go back and forth between them.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sunseeker » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:10 pm

I'm so daft sometimes, lol. You should have seen me scouring the forum page for a button that said "Link" :lol: No you shouldn't, it wasn't very flattering.

I have always just minimized the current page then opened Internet explorer again and gone to the new website. Shucks, your way is much easier!
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby avalen » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:17 pm

oh my, your way is much easier and new to me, I always did like Jill and minimized
the window. See how much we learn here!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:49 am

OK, now....here's my first attempt at posting a couple of pictures from my photobucket album. Let's see how they look.

Frosty lilac leaf

Frosty British Soldiers

YESSS!!!!! By Jove, I think I've got it!!!!
Thanks, Bethers!!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Bethers » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:04 pm

By jove, yes you do!
Beth
Bethers

Postby kelpie » Wed May 20, 2009 9:12 pm

Okay this has proabably been explained before but I'm slow. For an avatar photo it says it can be no larger than 90 by 90 but that is not one of the options on photobucket sizing. So...now what?
Kellie
and Eddie the wonder dog
2000 Four Winds
http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/kelstravels
kelpie

Postby Cedar518 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:16 pm

I believe you can go to a "custom" setting and keep reducing the numbers until you are within that requirement.
Cedar518

Postby cat » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:43 pm

Ok, I need help. I posted pics in photobucket this afternoon. How do I resize them, I don't think they are the correct size. Some came from a camera and some from my phone. After I resize, then what?? What is an avatar?

thanks,
carol
Blessings,
Carol,
Pixie, mini doxie & traveling companion
'o6 Ford Excel TS PleasureWay
http://thelordismyshield.blogspot.com

The Lord bless you and keep you safe in all your travels.
cat

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:19 pm

I think you have to choose the size of the picture when you download to Photobucket.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:23 pm

Click on the picture in your photobucket account and then click (can't remember which) either "EDIT" or "RESIZE". And choose to maintain proportions...otherwise your pic will be distorted...(VIckie, you have that problem...I fixed your picture and my, what a pretty woman you are! I didn't even know you were wearing glasses in your avitar...)

mitch5252

Postby VickieP » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:16 pm

:lol: Pretty? :lol: :lol: You must have really fixed it! That pic looked pretty bad, I know, it was the first day I got my laptop, I took the pic with my webcam, sitting at the kitchen table in my flannel house dress :oops: It wasn't supposed to be that clear, LOL! But thanks anyway for fixing it,, I hate all my pics :roll:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:25 pm

VickieP wrote::lol: Pretty? :lol: :lol: You must have really fixed it! That pic looked pretty bad, I know, it was the first day I got my laptop, I took the pic with my webcam, sitting at the kitchen table in my flannel house dress :oops: It wasn't supposed to be that clear, LOL! But thanks anyway for fixing it,, I hate all my pics :roll:

I didn't publish it, silly!!! Can't do that! I just know that, on my computer at least, your head is squished.
mitch5252

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:35 pm

Image ...... Image

See the difference? Or is it just my computer?

mitch5252

Next

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues