weight distribution

weight distribution

Postby JRKERMIT » Mon May 18, 2015 9:20 pm

I have been packing the rv in getting ready for our trip. How concerned do I need to be about weight distribution? The heaviest stuff I think will be the bike rack and bikes and 2 awnings and chairs in the back inside just normal stuff clothes, food, and a few appliances. Nothing extremely heavy. I have tried to put stuff equal on each side. So am I doing the right thing and how concerned do I need to be. Thanks
Don't worry if plan A fails there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.
JRKERMIT

Re: weight distribution

Postby Bethers » Tue May 19, 2015 9:14 am

Are the awnings and chairs not part of the original rv? If they are, they are they should already be considered in the weight.

Some people don't worry at all about weight, some over-obsess about it. That said, too heavy or too much weight can be dangerous. The best way to know is to put everything in and fill tanks, etc, then get yourself weighed. If you can do it where you can weigh the different axles, even better. But if you are being careful, etc, and not adding excessive weight, you should be fine.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JRKERMIT » Tue May 19, 2015 5:14 pm

Bethers wrote:Are the awnings and chairs not part of the original rv? If they are, they are they should already be considered in the weight.

Some people don't worry at all about weight, some over-obsess about it. That said, too heavy or too much weight can be dangerous. The best way to know is to put everything in and fill tanks, etc, then get yourself weighed. If you can do it where you can weigh the different axles, even better. But if you are being careful, etc, and not adding excessive weight, you should be fine.

No the chairs I mean are chairs ti sit outside in and the awnings are those portable pop up things. I have not over packed we are trying to keep things to a minimum. The heaviest things will be me and my partner. The kids are pretty small :lol:
thanks for the reply
Don't worry if plan A fails there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.
JRKERMIT

Postby MelissaD » Wed May 20, 2015 3:53 am

I'm normally more worried about where it will fit. A trip across the scale will answer any weight question. I keep my chairs in my large storage bay and my 12'x2' dining fly (canopy) sits on the floor in front of the kids bed. Easy to get out and out of the way.
MelissaD

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues