low battery question

low battery question

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:02 am

question if my house battery is low well that prevent my generator from starting House battery seems to be low and when I try to start generator it makes a beeping noise Thanks
grammynmaggie

Re: low battery question

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:30 am

You will have trouble starting the generator if the battery is low. Have you tried starting the engine and letting it run for a few minutes and then try starting the generator?

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:24 pm

Yes, Donna. If the batteries are very low, the generator will not start.

I recently thought I had a problem with my generator. Turned out NOT to be a generator problem. My batteries were charged but I had a bad battery cable between the house batteries and the junction box. Generator was only getting 4 volts and that was not enough to allow it to start.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Bethers » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:48 pm

It doesn't even need to be "very" low - but a low house battery will not be able to provide enough ooomph to start the generator. With your rig, you should be able to start the engine and immediately start the generator, as the engine battery should be totally charged, and sending the power to the house battery to do so. But then run the generator long enough to give a charge to the house battery!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues