roof maintence

roof maintence

Postby snowball » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:49 pm

Ok I realize that this has been gone over before but I don't remember the information
and some of our new ones might enjoy the information
So can we rehash care of the roof...I personally don't think mine has ever been done resealed ect...Larry's back and knee's bothered him a lot
so I''m not sure he would crawl around up there and seal it if he did I hope he will forgive me for doubting him :o the other day
I realize that the molding that goes from the front to the back had a spot that was in bad shape and another that isn't looking good
It was recommended to me that Eternabond Tape would take care of the molding am hoping so anyway...any other ideas?
so could we have a discussion on the roof ect?
yes I know I should have thought of it sooner but to be honest I never have been up there never thought I even could...now I think I
can if I can get over the reluctance (read that fear) of climbing up there?

Sheila
snowball

Re: roof maintence

Postby Bethers » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:28 am

First, all areas with caulking around them on the roof need to be checked regularly for cracks. These are normally the first places leaks will occur. I have up on re caulking most of those areas on my old rig and used Eternabond. But then I called the edges of the Eternabond. Some say that's overkill. In the desert heat, I recommend you check at least every 6 months.

The roof itself should be cleaned and checked for any spots where it's wearing.

Yes, you can use Eternabond. It was a lifesaver for me on my old RV.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:44 pm

is it like a tape Beth?
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:07 pm

Eternabond is a tape, yes. They make various kinds. Make sure you get the one that works for rv roofs.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:13 pm

ok thanks...what sealant do you use or know of best?
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:43 pm

snowball wrote:ok thanks...what sealant do you use or know of best?
sheila

Dicor self-leveling Lap Sealant
Beth
Bethers

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues