microwave/convection ovens

microwave/convection ovens

Postby judi » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:42 pm

Does anyone use their microwave/convection oven for baking? I tried twice, taking heed of all the instructions and hints, but it hasn't worked. I'm stumped!
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Re: microwave/convection ovens

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:37 pm

know CArole has baked some wonderful pumpkin bread in hers
maybe she will see this and give you some tips
grammynmaggie

Postby Irmi » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:00 pm

Judi, I use mine all the time and am starting to love it. I'll be using it this evening to make oven fried chicken. I down loaded the instruction manual, since the motorhome didn't come with one, and it works exactly the way it's supposed to and I'm happy with the results.
Irmi

Postby Bethers » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:54 pm

I traded out my microwave for a micro/convection in my last rig and LOVED it. Miss it so much now. The smaller one that fit in my rig didn't cook much faster - had to figure the times out ... but loved using it when I had electric - much more than I like the gas oven, which is what I have to use again, now.

What has failed when you tried?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby judi » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:28 pm

Beth, I tried Brazilian cheese rolls - they are made with tapioca flour since I have Celiac disease. They turned into a gooey mess. I have made the exact same recipe in my stick house and it always turns out fantastic. I also tried those cinnamon rolls that come in a tube just to see if I could make it work - can't eat them so was going to throw them away. Irmi, would you mind sharing your oven fried chicken recipe?
Judi
Portland, Oregon

you can steer yourself
judi

Postby Bethers » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:43 pm

judi wrote:Beth, I tried Brazilian cheese rolls - they are made with tapioca flour since I have Celiac disease. They turned into a gooey mess. I have made the exact same recipe in my stick house and it always turns out fantastic. I also tried those cinnamon rolls that come in a tube just to see if I could make it work - can't eat them so was going to throw them away. Irmi, would you mind sharing your oven fried chicken recipe?

In just guessing, but it sounds like they either didn't cook long enough or at a higher enough temperature. But again, just guessing.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Irmi » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:11 am

Judi, I skin my chicken pieces and you can coat them with flour, Italian breadcrumbs or whatever and season with your favorite seasonings. I placed the chicken on a foil lined pan after spraying with oil and preheated the oven for 325 degrees and baked them for about 45 minutes at the same temperature until they were done. I use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
Irmi

Postby gingerK » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:04 am

I believe Kathleen has a micro/convec in her house. Maybe she can advise you? It's what she cooked our Thanksgiving turkey in when Carolb and I were there.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby judi » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:41 pm

Thank you Irmi - I'm going to try the chicken tomorrow!
Judi
Portland, Oregon

you can steer yourself
judi

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues