Phone hot spot

Phone hot spot

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:50 pm

To use your phone As a hotspot....for internet is this a service yolu have to pay for?
grammynmaggie

Re: Phone hot spot

Postby Bethers » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Depends on the package you have. I pay an extra $30 per month to use my phone either tethered or as a hot spot. It includes 5 gb of data to do so.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MelissaD » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:29 pm

On the Verizon "share everything plan" it's included if your phone is capable.
MelissaD

Postby avalen » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:18 pm

I'm on Verizon so its included at no extra charge, I just go to settings and turn on internet sharing and my computer picks it up.
Its part of my data usage.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JudyJB » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:32 pm

It will also depend on whether or not your phone has this capability. If you have problems, just let us know what phone you have and I am sure one of us will have that phone and can help you.

I have an iPhone 5e and mine has a function where you can tell how much data you have used. You will want to check with your provider to see how much data you have in your plan. Might have to increase amount, depending on how much you use.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:42 am

Thanks everyone for the info... I have unlimited data on my phone
I'm grandfathered in with Verizon... I'm not on a sharing plan because it's just me
So I guess I probably won't be able to do this.... I can't change my plan or I loseo
My unlimited data.... I have a droid x... that is 3 years old... and not working the best
after I dropped it face down on the bathroom floor... I really need a new phone
but I can't afford it you have to pay full price unless you change your plan... after buying six new tires.... you can pretty much figure no new phone for me...:(((
grammynmaggie

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:39 pm

I don't know what a droid x phone is but I have bought my last 2 phones used off the internet. I still have the old flip phone with a sim card so I just order the same model phone and put my sim card in it. One I paid $15 and the last one was about $17 and it will be a year old next month. I like my phone and I don't want to learn how to work another one. I will probably keep it until it will no longer work on the system or I can't find another one.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:55 pm

Donna, Verizon has found a way around the unlimited data. They have started slowing down the data to those people as they reach a few gigs. So don't be surprised if it starts happening to you.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MelissaD » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:18 pm

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/ ... osure.html

Limits unlimited data plans in high traffic areas.
MelissaD

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues