towing my jeep, UPDATE

towing my jeep, UPDATE

Postby JanetA » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Good news, gals!

I got all the stuff to tow my jeep and I got it WAAAAAAAAY cheaper than I had originally thought.

First off, I got the towbar from ebay,, for $250 including shipping which retails for about $1200. check
Next, got the base plate from amazon for under $400 new, so far the most expensive item
Next, got the brake buddy from a guy in Wyoming for $300 and it was practically brand new ,, check
Now what im puzzled about is the wiring harness. No one seems to know just exactly how to connect into the existing wiring of the jeep. Im still researching tht. Am trying not to have to buy a separate wiring system w/ the magnetic lights.

Any suggestions welcomed.

will keep you posted. We sure are anxious to get out.. here it is AUGUST 17 already!!!! sheeesh!!!!!!!!!!! can you tell im frustrated?

J
ImageImageImage
JanetA

Re: towing my jeep, UPDATE

Postby sharon » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:13 pm

If it's Blue Ox they have the wiring diagram on line and they are very helpful by phone. You buy the wiring harness by year and model of the jeep. From Blue Ox. Most rv repair places do the installation of the base plate and wiring.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues