Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:54 am

I know some of you all use Skype for video calling w/a webcam. Have you ever conferenced a call with three people or more? When I do it, I can't get video signals from all three but I do get audio. If you have a trick or tip, please let me know. This is just the best thing for getting together with people from all over. It's good to talk but it's better to see and talk. Saw my great-great niece for the first time over the Christmas holidays and it was such a joy to see her up close, moving around, better than a photograph.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Re: SKYPE

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:19 pm

I had and dropped skype - so no help here - I do use both Yahoo and MSN IM services to talk and see (although I put away my webcam- would have to find it lol) - but I prefer typing to talking anyway - have not liked the phone since I was a teenager LOL - but do use the voice on both MSN or YAHOO if that's what my friends really want to do - over a few people on those, it gets hard, as really only one voice can be going over the computer line at one time, so it blocks the others till the one person finishes talking. This might be what happends to you with Skype, also. So, try slowing down talking and make sure one person stops before the other starts.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:30 pm

My daughter was using skype to chat with her DH in Iraq, but think they just use telephone now, as they kept having problems with skype.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:54 pm

i had skype loaded and took it out. wasn't using it. I also hate the telephone,... oh do I hate that. i LOVE the chat room and typing,.. But I've hated phones for YEARS. If the phone rings I jump half way across the room! :o
Cedar518

Postby carold » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:25 am

I have skype and love it. My sister lives in Italy and my grandkids are in NC, so I enjoy being able to talk and see them. It's not perfect, sometimes everything just stops or have to wait for everyone to stop talking before answering--AND I SO LOVE TO BUTT IN THE MIDDLE OF A CONVERSATION :lol: -but I'm glad I have it. Don't believe you can have more than one video at a time though. carold
carold

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues