Faded Stripes

Faded Stripes

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:13 pm

My RV looks terrible b/c of the faded stripes. The paint on the body is okay & will probably look good when I wax it, but the stripes drive me crazy. I tried some M.E.K. to take them off, but they are baked on from the sun. They aren't painted on, just adhesive backed automotive type striping. I guess that's standard for RV's. They are so cracked & discolored. I was a faux finisher for interior walls for a long time & I would love to do my own design on the RV. Have any of you ever painted the outside of your RV, or had it painted? Or re-striped?
NakedPupsAndMe

Re: Faded Stripes

Postby Bethers » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:28 pm

Some folks where I'm at have re-striped there 5er. Well, they had someone do it.

My stripes look terrible as well. Someone else told me they worked very hard and removed all theirs - but I'm afraid the body under the stripes wouldn't match the rest - and doubt I could put on stripes myself to go in exactly those places - and the places that do it - just not a cost I'm willing to spend right now.

Good luck.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Faded Stripes

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:58 am

This is how bad it is. I took these pics this AM. I don't think I could get the stripes & glue off. I do think I could sand, prime & paint tho. I don't mind the brown & pink, but that mauve color has to go. I'd like to put some blue stripes on it. Maybe thin lines of blue where it is silver(?) now.

NakedPupsAndMe

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues