leaky roof

leaky roof

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:24 am

We have a very old Allergo, it's a '94. In a hard rain, or if it rains alot the carpet on the ceiling gets dark where the seams are. Once water dripped on me so I know it's leaking. I'd like to re-coat or reseal the roof. Have any of you had this problem, & if so what did you use to repair it?
NakedPupsAndMe

Re: leaky roof

Postby avalen » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:11 am

have you been up on the roof to see if there are tears in the membrane or bubbles in it.
Is it a EPDM membrane roof? most rv roofs are but not always. If it is the membrane
roof, you can get a repair kit at camping world. Dicor selfleveling sealer or Eternabond
are two kinds of repair stuff that work with the EPDM. When you get a chance, go look
at your roof and let me know what kind it is and if it is tears or bubbles. I can better
help that way.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:45 am

I will Ava. It is actually raining today which made me think of it. Tomorrow it should be clear so I will go up & look at it.
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Bethers » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:56 am

I got a bunch of very fine tears in my roof - and bought the self leveling stuff - someone else put it on and didn't take care of it. I went and bought new stuff (as I let them have the stuff I originally bought) and went up and did it myself. Not a drop since.

Hopefully you can find exactly where it is. If not, you might need to have the entire roof sealed.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:36 pm

I had a small ( about 1") tear in the roof membrane on the edge of the roof. Finally got a patch for it and no water since. I used Resolve to get rid of the stain on the ceiling. Worked great. Since I live in my rig and its going on 10 years old, I'm looking into having the roof resealed and ALL the caulking up there replaced. I'm afraid what its going to cost. I've heard the rood sealer needs to be put on a REALLY, REALLY CLEAN roof. I will probably do all this in the fall. I guess its better to prevent a leak than to try to fix it after its already done some damage.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues