The Battery Minder

The Battery Minder

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:56 am

I have three coach batteries; one under the step and two in the compartment next to the door. I HATED checking the water levels - you had to remove the caps and look at the water level. I couldn't really see into the back battery and I was afraid of overfilling. I bought the battery minder and now I don't have to mess with removing the caps, etc.

You replace the battery caps with the yellow caps. They are hooked together with cleear tubing.

There is a rubber cap on the end of the tube that attaches (next picture) to a piece of tubing with a pump just like a turkey baster.

The two tubes just snap together.

Last put one end of the tubing into a bottle of distilled water and pump. When you can't pump anymore the batteries (both of them) are full. Remove the tube piece with the pump and go your merry way.

Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: The Battery Minder

Postby Birdie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:10 pm

Karen,
Great post, with great pics and instructions.
Thanks,
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby OutandAbout » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:14 pm

Karen, I have the same system but with one battery. I couldn't reach the battery with out a step ladder and obviously couldn't really tell if I filled it correctly. I have a TC and even though it is not on the truck, it's too high to reach and way to heavy to take down. I am very pleased with the set up and can say it's very simple to use. I go with a heads up on this gadget. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:06 pm

Eventhough I won't need one of these, I think you did an excellent job of posting, Karen. Even I could follow those directions. :o :D
AlmostThere

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues