the roof problem :-( ---finished :-)

Re: the roof problem :-( ---finished :-)

Postby snowball » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:28 pm

wow Ava you is one brave woman...guess I need to pull on my big girl panties and climb up there
either that or why here convince some male to go up and look really carefully and see if there is any issues
so since I've not done it nor seen it what do I tell them to look for?
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:54 pm

Sheila, they want to check any and all seams - look for cracks in the caulk. Look for any areas pulling back. Look for anything out of the ordinary. If it's minor, seal it with the Dicor self-adhesive caulk - or if you're me, put the Eternabond tape over the areas, then seal around the tape with the Dicor.

I LOVE the Eternabond - you have no idea how much of it was on my last rv roof! It worked (and I did it by myself) after I had the roof supposedly fixed a few times costing way too much, and not getting it fixed. I was out of Eternabond in Alaska and discovered a seal down the front side of my rig was causing a new leak - took forever to find the location. Fred - Captain of the LuLu Belle gave me a tape he uses on the boat and I put it up "temporarily" and it worked, so I never removed it or did anything else before trading the rig in - but probably would have had to do something else there eventually. I'm not good at putting on Dicor or any product like that - I make such a mess - so asked very nicely of a neighbor a few times - went up showed them exactly what I wanted, and in a few minutes, they got the job done - laughing that I did the "hard" work - and if I had to - would have done it again but know the things I'm not so good at. Don't ever let me use your weed eater, as an example of something else I'm bound to destroy :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:42 pm

thanks Beth that helps lots...will need to see who wants to go up but then perhaps I should bite the
bullet and go up :?
we will see but with an 18 year old you would think I'd not need to right?
yep I should go up not sure he would look with his 'woman' eyes
sheila
snowball

Postby JudyJB » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:39 am

And who says we women can't do the things that men think only they can do!!!!!

Congratulations for getting up on that roof and fixing it yourself. I remember doing a ceiling drywall patch where the roof leaked in my old house, but I am getting too old for that and too afraid of falling.

And you saved so much money, I'm sure.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:28 am

Good job, Ava. Now you need some rain to test the seals.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby dayspring39 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:04 pm

For some reason I never saw this Ava... wow you are an awesome lady to be able to climb up clean and caulk the roof... Sarah sent me a message today with a web site for rv-armor... I sent them pictures and they are going to give me an estimate... long winter ahead... may be calling on my rv friends in the spring...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby avalen » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:28 pm

:D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Previous

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues