MY RESCUED DOG, MOLLY AND MY FOUNDLING CAT, TWITCH

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

MY RESCUED DOG, MOLLY AND MY FOUNDLING CAT, TWITCH

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:03 pm

While cruising the web for pound puppies in my zip code, I found the picture of the perfect dog to replace my little Yoda, whom I knew was not long for this world. Alas, I hadn't realized just how far from my zip code I had wandered until I read the blurb under the picture of Molly! She had been found wandering the streets of Detroit with an in-grown collar in her neck, (almost had choked her to death, wound was infected and deep) broken ribs, skinny as a rail, (weighed 13 pounds when I picked her up, and now a healthy 25 pounds)and with multiple digestive problems that sometimes still surface if she gets into any food but her usual fare. It was Februrary, with an ice/snowstorm on the way across the midwest, heading straight for Detroit! I called the Detroit Animal Shelter and begged them to save her for me for another week and mailed them a check to cover any expenses until I got there. Although it is never done, so I was told, they DID keep her another week for me, and I picked her up over Martin Luther King Day weekend. I have NEVER regretted my drive! She is so loving and faithful and appreciative of her home, and I love her with all my heart.

Here are some pictures of her:

MOLLY WITH HER LITTLE SQUEAKY TOY HEDGEHOG

Who's coming??

My guard dog!

I found my 21 year old cat on the road one winter. This will be his 21st Christmas! His life consists mostly of eating, using his litterbox, and sleeping! He also likes to watch the birds and squirrels at the bird feeder!

Do I have to look up, Ma?

Waiting for supper

Licking his chops!

Last edited by Nasoosie on Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Re: MY RESCUED DOG, MOLLY

Postby Bethers » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:14 pm

Being one of the priviledged who has met Molly - boy am I glad you made that trip. You two are perfectly suited. Hugs and kissed to Molly from Peaches and me.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:46 pm

What a cutie. Just want to grab that little face and smother her with kisses. My two dogs are also rescues. Never planned on traveling with TWO big Labs but life happens.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby asirimarco » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:44 pm

Sounds like she is a very lucky dog to have you.
asirimarco

Postby Getupngo » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:04 am

What a story Molly has to tell about her tough life and the wonderful woman who rescued her. Now she truly lives a dog's life. Lucky girl (with her hedgehog).
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:08 pm

I'm also one that has been lucky to meet Molly,.... she is an absolute LOVE!
Cedar518

Postby avalen » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:36 pm

what a cutie, and so lucky that you two came together
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Liz » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:25 pm

A beautiful little dog, and so lucky you cared.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: MY RESCUED DOG, MOLLY AND MY FOUNDLING CAT, TWITCH

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:00 pm

I am most definitely the lucky one. She makes my life so much fun!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Liz » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:32 pm

Beautiful cat too...love the tongue picture!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby WickedLady » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:50 pm

Such beautiful furkids and so lucky to have found a loving forever home with you.
WickedLady

Postby islandmomma » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:43 pm

I know pooches are sometimes easier to relate to but your Twitch looks a beauty too...:) Is she a tortoiseshell?

Quite frankly, her (?his) story reassures me. My Mushy (white neutered male and always a wuss in all ways but HUGE!!) is over 14 now and has arthritis (gets glucosamine daily and seems much better the last year or two :) ).... But I figured that, in having to leave him behind because of his timid temperament, and with a plan of travelling at least 1.5 years, I might never see him again...:(. Maybe that is part of what keeps me putting things off here (also the weather LOL!!)... The DH will care for him and the other kitty and dog and maybe he will still be here when I come back...? :) I wonder what Twitch's secret for longevity has been...? Mushy has always been a marshmallow LOL, hence his name...lazy, fattish despite my efforts and the diet but sucky/lovey LOL. You know that kind of cat?

Thanks for sharing... Wish I could bring my little old guy (feline LOL) along with me too...

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby MsBHaven » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:46 pm

Sounds like this relationship with Molly was definitely meant to be. She sure is a nice looking dog. I never realized a cat could live that long - she sure doesn't look old.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:38 am

My wonderful Tim cat lived to be 19. I had him for 17 of those years. With good care and good luck they can live as long as Twitch,... and we know Soosie is a wonderful Mom to her furkids. Twitch will probably set the record!
Cedar518

Return to Pets