Maggie

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Maggie

Postby Liz » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:28 pm

This is Carol's dog, Maggie. I posted the picture for her, but I'll let Carol tell you about how Maggie came into her life.

This is a picture of Maggie and Roe patiently waiting to get back on the road, or go for a walk, or something!

Cuddling...they're good pals.

Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: Maggie

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:36 pm

Maggie is beautiful. I'm guessing she is a mix? Cuz I see a couple possible different breeds in her.

Thanks, Liz, for posting - and Carol, I'm waiting to hear more about Maggie!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:24 pm

Thank you Liz, you picked a very flattering picture of her. I was just browsing around all the topics and here she is. Surprise!!
Well, lets see as I said, she was my husbands little dog. He found her in his garage, behind his welder while closing up one evening.
He heard this little noise and investigated and when he picked her up she fit in his hand, a wee tiny little thing. Now , we live out in
the country, one house across the road, where at that time a very elderly couple lived. So someone just dropped her off, (terrible
people) probably saw him in the garage and she managed to crawl, inside. He brought her up to the house and hollered as he entered
the door, "look what Ifound?" I'm thinking some tool or device he had been looking for, as we had just moved here and he was still always
looking for things. He was always very organized so this was a big deal for him. Well, I came out of the bedroom and there he stood with
this little creature, she was so tiny, her little face was just eyes. I immediately said," I do not want another dog" . We had just lost our old dog
and I cried for 3 days and really didn't want to put myself through all of that again. He told me look into her face and say that, so I did,
heartless me. From that day on she was his, followed him everywhere once she got oriented, and could eat on her own. He loved her,
and she began her travels with us. But I kept a cool heart. But two weeks before my husband went to be with the Lord, Maggie, climbs
up in my lap. We've been buddies most ever since, she really was my lifeline that first yr. Except for her, I might not have gotten out
of bed in the mornings. We found my husband was dying, and we hadn't really known he was ill. It all happened so quick, my children
live in other states, so without her I really don't want to even think of what would have happened had I not had her., but you see, God does
take care of us, I did not want another dog, we had just moved into a new home,with carpet everywhere, and have a tiny pup? No Way !!
Just another instants, that God knew more of what I needed then I did. She was less then a yr. when he passed, so that makes her about
8 1/2 yrs.old. She does have a heart condition, and on meds, but last vet visit, she seemed to be doing great. She's very special to me.
You're right Beth, she is a mix, even the vet really had no idea. She's Maggie !!!
Carolinagal

Postby Sunseeker » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:35 pm

Carol,
What a heartwarming story and such a special little girl. I had no idea. Let's pray you and she get to enjoy many more precious years together.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:39 pm

oh, what an absolutely heart wrenching story. I hope Maggie's heart keeps going for a long time.

I understand about getting another dog. After I had to have Moxie put to sleep last fall, I was not so good. But Tips was worse. He quit eating, etc - and that made the decision for me to get HIM another companion. Well, it worked for both of us. Moxie left us in early Oct - Peaches joined us in early November - then we lost Tips just last month - and without this little girl, I dont think I would have handled Tips' leaving - and, unlike what I thought at the time, she really did help me get over losing Moxie. These little balls of fur (or big ones) have hearts bigger than they are - and really are the companions we need whether we know it or not (and I'm including the cats, and birds, and whatever other pets people have).
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Paulette » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:11 pm

Alright, you all have me crying! What a heartwarming story about Maggie. How could you not love her now more than ever. I feel the same way about Fred. He was dad's but has transferred all of his love and protectiveness to me. What an honor.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:04 am

Its so true that most times God knows what we need way before we do. I've always felt the best tribute I could give my deceased friend was to go to the pound and "save" another dog. I've tried to go to the kill shelters so I can really feel like I've saved one. I've told my D that if anything happens to me she had better take good care of my furbabies or I'll come back and haunt her. Since she's a great animal magnet, I really don't have to worry but they might have to learn to sleep on the floor. Poor abused dogs.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:03 am

Thank you for sharing your story! It is amazing how this little ones get sent to us. Maggie is beautiful & so glad she's yours! :)
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby avalen » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:13 pm

Maggie is a treasure for sure, looks a bit corgi but a whole lot like just love.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:06 am

She sure is a cutie,... I love her big ears! I often think we don't choose our "babies"... they choose US!
Cedar518

Return to Pets