Listen to what I'm showing you!!

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Listen to what I'm showing you!!

Postby oregontocal » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:49 pm

We took Lou's almost two-yr-old Sh'Tzus to the desert with us again yesterday and had a great time. However, we definitely learned a lesson on the way back.

We found an off-road area with absolutely no cactus or spiny things of any kind. In fact, we took a walk barefoot--I'm used to it, Lou definitely isn't, so I considered that a breakthrough of some kind. Of course, the two Mike's Hard Lemonades he drank probably didn't hurt either. :lol: Anyway, since the two pups were wandering around with us and exploring a little on their own, we figured they'd probably taken care of any physical requirements. Wrong. Pennie was fine. On the way back, good old Charlie wandered around in the car for a bit, slept in the back, then climbed into the front and onto Lou's lap, something he usually doesn't do, so we probably should have considered that an omen of some kind. Since that little pup is so compact and heavy, after a while Lou asked me if I'd take him on my lap again so he could get enough feeling back in his legs to drive. So I did. Mistake. We should have realized all that wandering and wide-awakeness just isn't Charlie's normal activity in the car: he's usually sound asleep the whole time. Pretty soon my legs started feeling a little warmer than usual, then a whole lot damper than usual, then dripping! The little monster had pee'd all over me! What could I do? Not a thing except sit there with my pants soaking wet, with about 50 more miles to go, and just laugh. Charlie? Well, he snuggled down in the nice little warm wet place and went right to sleep.

See that narrow dirt road in the middle of the picture, right below the cliffs? It goes all the way back through some tall rock walls on one side and mud walls on the other. Four-wheel drive is the best, though because there are some really deep sandy and rocky areas.

Here's the spot we found. We explored barefoot way back between the rock walls - went quite a ways back with some nice beach-sand type trails. It was a wonderful spot for a picnic dinner and some star-gazing as well. Very warm night with some breezes.

Lou was nice enough to pose--and didn't even make one of his normal faces.
oregontocal

Re: Listen to what I'm showing you!!

Postby Bethers » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:43 pm

Great story. And I'll bet Charlie, for much of that time, was thinking - these people have to listen to me - I HAVE to go out LOLOL I'm glad you took it all in stride - wet lap and heavy dog in the wet lap.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:46 pm

oh no :lol:
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:27 pm

Sometimes we just don't listen well, do we?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:43 pm

I'm sorry Chris, I can't seem to stop laughing !!! Been there and had it happen, nice to find I am not the only one. But you still like Charlie, don't ya? Even if you do have 2nd thoughts about ever having him on your lap again. My good laugh for today, Thanks!
Have a good night.

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby oregontocal » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Yes, I still like him a lot--enough to try and pry him away from Lou for three months in Kansas. However, can't do it. Those four dogs are his kids. :D
oregontocal

Return to Pets