Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Re: New Pictures of Emma

Postby Mollysmom » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:56 pm

How scary ! I'm glad Emma is OK
Recliners can be SO dangerous !!!
Mollysmom

Postby Echo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:40 pm

So glad that Emma got out of that pinch in good shape. Little buggers can get into the darnedest pickles.

When I was on the road driving and letting Shade out to pee and get a good run in I would always watch for hawks. We were in Virginia one time and slept for the night in a un-built subdivision. The next morning while Shade was doing her thing I was sitting on the step of the truck sipping my coffee still half asleep and not what you would call real attentive when she let out a bark. Looked just in time to see a very large bird flying low getting a good look at Shade. Boy now let me tell you, that woke my azz up in one heck of a hurry. Started moving and yelling for her at the same time. She came running and I guess the bird got a look at me or seen that I was heading that way and it took off. I swear it scared 10yrs off of me. After that I never let her get out so far out from me again.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Redetotry » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:45 am

Emma is a little sweetie! But those little sweeties are usually very determined. Did you ask your vet about taking her to the puppy classes before she has all her shots? I know there are different opinions but, I never like to take little ones out in public before then, especially if there will be lots of other dogs in classes before and after yours.

Use your voice to train her, I helped my former DH teach obedience classes and the hardest part was getting people to talk to their dogs and use different tones of voice. Let her know if your happy with her and also great disappointment when your not MOST learn to want to hear that "what a good puppy you are"! Your voice is your best teaching tool. Good luck!

PS.....my little Winnie bosses the whole house and we shamlessly let her!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Bethers » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:41 pm

I know what a scare that was! My sister had a kitten that would sleep under the recliner and then get caught like that all the time. As she got bigger sometimes parts of her were getting caught in it - and she'd cry out. But they could never get her to quit laying there - had to always look for her before closing the chair. You might have to do the same with Emma.

Around here I worry about snakes and some of the biting bugs - as Peaches is so inquisitive. The other day she walked up and was sniffing something, and I went to look - it was a snake - but lucky for both of us - a dead one. She's always sniffing frogs on the ground, also. This is hysterical. First time she did it, it was a dead one. She sniffed it and walked on. Next time, again dead, she sniffed the air, and must have known - same as before, and walked on. Then 3rd time, there was another in the street, and I figured she'll do the same, but she got real inquisitive, sniffing all around it, then went up and sniffed it's back. Then nudged it. When she nudged, it jumped straight up in the air, and she jumped backwards. Oh, it was so funny. Well, now she knows the live ones and dead ones by scent. Dead ones she barely sniffs and walks on. Live ones, she goes up and nudges. Did it night before last and it didn't move, and she looked at me like, I KNOW this one is ALIVE - so why is it still not moving? Then she nudged it just a tad more and off it hopped. And no she didn't jump, she watched it hop off and turned and walked away.

I agree with Karen about finding out from your vet if Emma is ready for obedience school. Make sure all the shots are done. But I'm also a believer that some obedience schools want to take the "dog" out of our dogs - and I don't want that to happen to any of mine. I actually feel guilty that mine can't run free more often - but that's a whole nother story LOL

Good luck!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sunseeker » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:34 pm

Molly will EAT dead, squished frogs if she gets to them before me! We have swept several of them out of her mouth! the leash stays short, but her nose guides us to her treasures long before we see them! Yuck!
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Bethers » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:42 pm

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww, Jill LOL - I was afraid Peaches would eat them, but so far, she doesn't, thank goodness - as I don't want to deal with that.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Previous

Return to Pets