Good News at the Vets

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Good News at the Vets

Postby SeeyaGal » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:47 pm

Took Biff, Felix and Sasha mio to the vets for their Leukemia & Rabies shots today.
Last Biff weighed was 28.4 LBS and today he weighed in at 25 LBS even!!! Hooray :)
Felix is staying the same 15 LBS and Sasha Mio 10.44 LBS

Now some of you are wondering why I'm so excited since Biff is such a porker, well it's because he was almost 31 lbs before and we got our hands slapped for leaving out too much food!!

He got fat because he cops a CATatude and does not want to walk on a leash, he wants to go where HE wants not where I want him to go...hey he's a Teenager and they never listen to their mothers!! So glad we have the property in Yuma so it helps keep him fit, he loves jumping the walls around the yard and wandering....luckily he does not go too far and we play this little game called Biff hides and Jenny seeks :lol: :roll: :lol:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Re: Good News at the Vets

Postby Bethers » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:54 pm

Oh Jenny, that's excellent news. Now, can I come live with you so you can help me take off 10 pounds?

Seriously - I bet Biff is feeling better with these pounds lost, too.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:22 am

Oh Beth...Biff gave it to me!!! Maybe I should be on kitty food! :o :lol:
Ok another six months back home and we'll see how much more he loses! I can tell he feels better and we really have to watch that he does not become a diabetic, keeping the weight down assures that! They want him on a special formula of food called EVO....yikes it's expensive!!! Not sure I can find it either! Bad enough I pay $15 a bag for food!
I'll be glad to ride my bike in Yuma again real soon and do my evening walks to get my weight down. :oops:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Paulette » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:00 am

Beth, if you jumped the walls and wandered around Yuma, you'd probably lose the 10 lbs! Hey, maybe I should go there too!

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great news for Biff. My Elvis is ageing. I can tell by the way he acts anymore. He's 11 in human years. But I understand by what you mean by CATitude and being a teen!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:20 pm

I really enjoying walking around the Foothills, no sidewalks except down Foothills Blvd but the streets out by us are quiet and no problem walking down the side of the street. No two lots/yards are the same so it gives your walk something interesting to see. Area is pretty much flat so an easy walk and you can walk as far as you want. I like to go 2-5 miles. Need to get back into the practice of walking every day as soon as I get home. DH gets on his bike and will go anywhere from 20-70 miles. I think he is going to join the bike club down there but unfortunately there are very few bike trails to ride on down there.

Come on down Beth! Everyday is a sunny day!
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Postby dpf » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:41 pm

Jenny...you can only hope that the other two cats don't take a liking to the $15.00 a bag cat food! Everytime one of our dogs has needed a special food the one who is suppose to eat sticks her nose up in the air and won't eat it and the one that doesn't need it tries to steal it. Radar wouldn't touch her puppy food and eight year old Tinker would lick the bowl clean...Radar wanted the adult dog food. Radar will beg for fresh microwave popcorn and will catch it mid-air but refuses to eat any that is left over the next day.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby avalen » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:30 pm

good job with Biff Jenny, its hard to get them to loose weight when they just
want to eat, dogs is hard enough, I can imagine going through it with a cat
with attitude. Evo is available in Phoenix but not sure about Yuma, do the
google search and if you can't find a place that carries it you can always
order it and have it delivered. Although I admit I would not do that, only
because I believe in small packages cause they are always fresh when I
open them. If I buy large a large package for the economics, it turns out
to spoil by the time I get to the bottom half of the bag. Then my dogs
turn their nose up at it. They do like the EVO but unfortunately it made
them gain weight but it was dog food, not cat food. Some of those companies
online will send you samples too so you could get a sample and see if he likes
it.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby SeeyaGal » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:26 am

If I put any kind of food in the dishes all three come running! Vet said the food would not bother the other two but we still have to get Biff's weight back to 15 lbs....10 lbs to go!! With 6 more months in Yuma that should help, he's much happier there because he can roam about. I'll see where I can get this food but to be honest with you I am not so sure I want to go that route. I am using Iams right now.

Anyone else with cats what do you use for dry food for weight control? I always buy the lrg bag of Iams but not the giant size. They get a small amount of canned food in the evening.
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Postby Barbzeee » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:12 am

Jenny, I use Verus... for when I had my cats too.. also I use Verus with the dogs.. and now you know why I load the motor home up for when I go to Florida as it's not available so I bring it all with me for the 6 mos I'm there... However, I have friends that have their show cats on special programs and have it UPS in...

I have to say, "Your Biff, was one of the largest I've ever seen" goodness he was a real butterball... LOL I'm sure he chowed down big time... LOL... and yep..with him feeling better he'll be more active...but don't you worry about him roaming.. I know when my one cat.. (who I rescued) was an outside cat.. and even though I tried to break her for indoors only.. became the greatest escape artist...so I gave in reluctantly.. she would come in at night time and for eating..but mainly stayed on the front porch and chase any thing that came on my property.. was wild to watch.. she one time chased a guy with his puppy down the street.. I had to run out and help the poor man... I heard him yelling .."Help" should have taken a picture..in fact till this day when that guy walks that dog.. he crosses the street before he comes to my house..Dog has memories..LOL

Any way... I always worried... when Patches would go on her walks... I'm missing not having a cat..but have decided not to get any more critters..these 4 I have now are it for me... my health is not getting any better..oops I forgot my Parrot.. she's most likely out live me... being she can live to 100 and she's only 30 years old...well maybe..she may make it longer..but if she continues to bite me.. she may not.... mmmmmmm ... ok so I ran away with it.... back to the food...LOL

Check on line Jenny cause sometimes you may be able to locate it near you or like I said.. Ship it in by Ups.. It is an excellent food.. I do have friends that feed it...

Oh, for exercise I have a treadmill that my dogs run on.. (had for my show dogs) and also my cats would jump on it ..too much... LOL

I've never had an over weight cat.. not in my house..my dogs keep them running..well did..and yes, they lived till 18 yrs..amazes me still....

God Bless

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby SeeyaGal » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:28 pm

Two more months and Biff will be home and happy as can be to be outside all day again. I can't wait to go shopping for some plants!!
I'll have Petunias galore when I get home!!
I'll see if I can find that food but not too excited to get it because of the cost! Groan :(
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Return to Pets