Miss Emma is Home!!!

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Miss Emma is Home!!!

Postby Marslet » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:59 pm

OMG this is the smallest dog I have ever seen!!!! I am afraid I am going to hurt her holding her. I knew she was gonna be small, but geeze Louise, she goes beyond small. She is so small she has to climb UP to get on the top of my tennis shoe! Still doing nothing but napping all day, pee and poo. Please assure me I can do this. It has been 16 years since I had a puppy to deal with. But he was a puppy, this is a BABY. She fits in the palm of my hand. I am afraid I got her too early, but they called and wanted all the dogs gone by this weekend. She will be 6 weeks old Tuesday. There wasn't anything else I could do but go and get her. She slept during the trip. Have to tell you, that we did our human potty stop at a rest area. She(big girl that she thinks she is) went walking, took her a pee and a poop too. Thought I would fall on the ground laughing. Seems the smell of gas puts her out, she slept until the next stop, and walked around and did her business again.
Thanks for letting me rant, I feel better. Pray that I won't do anything wrong, it would kill me if something happens to her.

Marslet

Marslet

Re: Miss Emma is Home!!!

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:13 pm

As long as she's eating solid food its okay to get her at six weeks. Its better at 8 to 10 wks or longer only for the socialization they get from their litter mates. They teach each other about biting too hard, sniffing each other and not playing too rough. To keep her from being one of those little dogs that's scared of everything, other dogs and people, expose her to a lot of situations and let people handle her (at her young age I would make people use those hand wipes first), let her meet other dogs/cats. Just lots of different things. You'll end up with a well socialized baby. Pictures, please.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:36 pm

Oh yes, pictures,please! and don't worry,.... even though longer with mama is better she's with you now so relax and enjoy her!
Cedar518

Postby Barbzeee » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:30 pm

Sharlotte.... please make sure she has her vaccines... that's a very young age ... surprised that she was let go that early... please do make sure she is checked out.......I know everyone is gonna want to pick her up and that's wonderful... but please...make sure she is checked over carefully... I am a fanatic about this... and all though others may feel what's the big deal...plenty... she's very tiny .. very young and doesn't need to be exposed to other animals or areas until she's got vaccines in her that will bring up her immune system.. she carries some titer from mother while nursing and weening off...but just be safe than sorry.. ok.... Now you can listen or you can ignore..and may all be ok... but why even play that crazy game... just a visit to your vet and get her cleared and safe..is simple and long life... That's from me as your friend speaking... and No, I'm not telling what to do... I'm telling you what I do ... ...

I know she will fill your empty space..and take over your heart.. I just want you to have fond memories ...and long ones too.... Love you my friend.. and want this little Gem to bring more gleam in your life and heart...Ok..

I'm now tired and need to take a break...as my Reba is in my face letting me know she is hungry.. oh how sweet thou art.. .... Take some pictures ...love seeing cuties...

Your biscotti should be there !

Enjoy and Dunk

God Bless
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby avalen » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:39 pm

absolutely what Barbzee said, vaccines
can hardly wait for more pictures, everybody loves puppys,
she's sure gonna light up your life
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:37 pm

What the others have said.

Yep, I wish they would have kept the pups for another week, minimum - but they didn't - so now you get to be the "mom" - and first on the to-do list has to be the vet and making sure all the shots are up-to-date.

Then - just love her. Yep, she's small - but she's hardy and so are you - and you are going to be inside each others hearts - well, dang, you are already! And she will know that YOU are her new Mom - Love her - but don't forget to set some rules. My biggest problem with those little ones - is that it's so easy to let them get away with EVERYTHING under the sun - when they need the same rules and discipline that bigger dogs do - even though all my dogs always wrap me around their paws - I do try to at least be the boss.

I can't wait for new pics either.

Enjoy and LOVE - that's what it's all about.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:48 am

Congrats!! How exciting to have a new "baby"! She is very young & Is vunerable to germs.Their little systems don't give them much protection yet.
We have always put a little sugar in their water for the first couple of weeks after leaving their Mom. And make sure she's warm. She probably misses the warmth of her Mom & littermates. Love to see some pics! :D
NakedPupsAndMe

Return to Pets