Salem

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Salem

Postby asirimarco » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:52 am

our neurotic cat Salem in his favorite position -when he can't see us he meows at the top of his voice until he finds us. At the first rumble of thunder he disappears under the love seat until it quits. we had an earthquake here a couple of months ago and for a week he sprayed in the house. never did before or since. lucky for him. one day he brought a chipmunk still alive, in the house and put it at my feet. I jumped and screamed as it ran across my bare feet, Salem jumped straight into the air as I screamed and kicked out. The poor chipmunk pooped and ran across the room. The chase was on. The chipmunk hid under the sewing machine, pooped. I flushed him out, Salem chased him, he pooped and ran to the other side of the room where he pooped again. Salem chased him back under the machine and it all began again. Finally I thought to open a door and eventually he ran back outside never to be seen again. Salem gave me a dirty look and went to sleep on the pool table. Chipmunks sure do poop a lot when they are scared.
asirimarco

Re: Salem

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:33 am

OMG!!!! :lol: :lol: Chipmunk poop!!! still laughing....poor Salem....his catch got away....thank goodness!!!

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:02 am

Love the picture. Makes me want to go back to bed!
AlmostThere

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:13 am

Awwwww Mom,... you didn't like the little present that Salem brought for you? :lol:
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:21 am

LOLOL Remind me that those cute little chipmunks wouldn't be so cute if cleaning up after them, eh?

Lovely cat, Salem, is.

But you did remind me - I had a cat named Misha for many years. He ruled the roost, so to speak. A g/f and her 3 kids moved in with us one year for a time. One of the daughters started a science project that involved hamsters. I gave her a room in the basement and told her to never, ever let the hamsters out of that room - and to always keep the door shut. She'd go in there and put a towel under the door and let the hamsters out of the cage to do some of the "tests" on them (one at a time they had to work their little running things, etc). Well, I was upstairs in my bedroom and Misha ran out the room like a bat out of hell. Well, I thought so at the time. About 3 or 4 minutes later, he ran in even faster, leapt onto the bed, landed on my chest and DROPPED a hamster onto my face.

Yes, I screamed. He jumped backwarks with a look like, "hey mom, just doing my job and you should be proud of me - and he grabbed that (still alive) hamster back up in his mouth and sat there (on my chest) looking forlorn like I'd punished him. So now, like a good mom, I'm saying "Good boy, such a good boy - drop it please." Well, he dropped it - into my hands (I'm not a hamster fan - too much like mice and rats to me) and the thing had a heart rate going soooooooo fast, it was bouncing in my hand - and I do believe it had a heart attack, and died in my hands.

I have to admit, I always felt good with Misha in the house that I'd never have to worry about mice - well, yes, I did have to worry about them, because he would present them to me alive, on my chest, it appears. OMG - that scared me LOLOL

Carol, great story.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
laughing at both your stories!!!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:42 pm

This is my Yuma next door neighbor's naughty cat Kitt....every day he finds a new bird or lizard and trys to drag it in the house and I'll hear Sandy Screaming " KITT! Put that down..NO!!!" Often the bird will then fly around the house and poor Earl has to try and catch it and get it outside!! :o :lol:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Return to Pets