Dominance ... or control freak?

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Re: Dominance ... or control freak?

Postby Bethers » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:46 pm

Oh, I'm sitting here laughing out loud. Yep, Echo, I know exactly who is the Queen in that house, remember I met you, Kelly and the queen -oops, I mean Shade :)

As to what little dogs get away with, Peaches gets away with more than I ever would have allowed from Tips. Size is most likely the reason. But she is learning somethings. When I got her she would go the opposite direction when called - I'm guessing calling her before meant getting punished. Now she comes when I call - almost all the time. I don't know that she won't run if off leash and not come, so we're not going to try that. But she does know sit and stay (although she has a problem with stay) and she knows to lie down (even if she thinks it should mean rolling onto her back and getting a belly rub) - I mean, just how do you say no to that? lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Echo » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:09 pm

Oh goodness! Nothing in this whole world is more important than a belly rub! And no one is allowed to ignore that!!! Ignoring that belly just might be the very thing to bring the spin of Mother Earth to a complete stop. Not to even think about or be on the receiving end of that hurt, reproachful look....
Nope not me! I can't handle that. The 'Mom' look has nothing on the ignored belly rub look. Gad to even think of getting that. Gives me the shivers.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Getupngo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:45 am

I've rolled over and I'm waiting!!! :lol:
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby dpf » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:25 pm

Hmmmmm....Radar, our Boston Terrorist, has us trained very well....as long as we make the house payment, pay the utilty bills and keep her dish full..she lets us live here and will allow each of us about about a fourth of the bed....the remaining half is hers...we don't feel we have the right to dispute this. Actually we feel quite fortunate that she has become so submissive to us..... :roll: I was gone for four days and returned this afternoon...she was nice enough to make me feel as if I had been missed because she hadn't eaten...then she cleaned out her dish and carried it into the kitchen and dropped it in the middle of the floor and gave me the evil eye. :twisted:
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Echo » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:17 am

Janice that doesn't sound very dominate to me now !!!!! :D :lol:
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Getupngo » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:55 am

Doesn't matter ... :lol: I KNOW you'll never do what I tell you to do anyway!!
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Previous

Return to Pets