Roe and Bandit

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Roe and Bandit

Postby Liz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Roe is a rescue dog yellow lab/cocker mix. He's been traveling with me since I began in 2004. He's about 8 years old now. We're sitting on top of Cadillac Mt. in Acadia National Park, ME last summer.

This is Bandit when I first fell in love with him where he was born in a hunting camp in NH last July. I adopted him and brought him home. He'll be one year old in a couple weeks.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: Roe and Bandit

Postby Bethers » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:59 pm

I'm amazed how many of us have rescued dogs! I'm so proud of all of us.

Your picture of you and Roe at Cadillac MT brought a big grin to my face. One, I was in that same spot, I believe, and 2, because I just know how much Roe likes those hikes of yours.

I was amazed by Bandit - that little thing changed so much from when I saw him right after you got him to when we had our little gtg in FL - and now, wow, a year already this month.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:37 am

Roe is such a handsome lad! And what a place to be hanging out -- up on that mountain,.. looks like a view of the Atlantic? Bandit,... well, I'm a cat person, so i'm grinning from ear to ear!
Cedar518

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:07 am

I, too, am impressed with how many of our dogs are rescues. As you can tell from my signature, I love Labs in any form.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:04 am

Love your furkids! Canine & feline. :) My first CC was a rescue & now I'm involved in rescue. It is one small way to give back. Roe looks all lab from the pic. Just beautiful!
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Barbzeee » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:11 pm

Liz... I remember meeting your fur babies.. in fact I have a picture of your search LOL from the Florida GTG gotta look for it so I can post it.. LOL Bandit was sure the source of a great laugh.. Where's the Kitty LOL and Roe.. he's a sweetheart.. what a good boy.. just fell out and layed before my feet.. but don't put him away..cause I got a shot of him too....Lookin out at us... I will post them pictures LOL too much...

Where's the kitty .... LOL She yells out.. Bandit is missing... LOL We all started looking..:)

Don't leave me Ma..! Poor Roe had that look... LOL

I'll let Liz tell ya all where Bandit was ... Fess Up Liz.... hahahaha

God Bless..

Barbzeee and Crew...

I done my part... !!!
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Bethers » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:32 pm

I know! I know! hehehe
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sunseeker » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:39 pm

C'mon, the suspense is killing me. I bet this is gonna be funny! :lol:
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Liz » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:03 pm

What, you didn't get a picture of him sleeping up on the dash behind the curtain, just ignoring my plaintive searching?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:08 pm

Cats are like that,... they'll take a message and get back to you when they darn well please! But, I love 'em anyhow! :D
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:49 pm

The best part was Liz inside searching and searching and we look up and Bandit is lying in the front window sleeping away LOL - Of course, Bandit was on the "wrong" side of the privacy curtain for Liz to every find. Oh, how we laughed.
Beth
Bethers

Postby avalen » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:40 pm

Oh my, I do remember that story, it was so funny, I didn't realize Bandit was
such a young little thing. They grow so fast though, wow, almost a year old.
Such a cute little face.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Barbzeee » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:40 am

It truly was a riot... Liz inside that coach of hers... now folks think about it.. we are all sitting out side.. she opens that door and with this sorrowful remorse says..." Bandit is Missing" We look at each other and get up and start looking all over...Liz has done gone and ripped through everything..can't imagine where that darling is... and then someone says " Here he is....in the window sleeping" Beth can't remember who said it now.. but we cracked up.. To figure how could Bandit disappear... shanking cobb webs... LOL but Liz's voice and her opening that door and yelling.. LOL too much.. and I caught that all on camera too... darn I missed that shot of Bandit .. LOL Did Nan get it ??

Those are just a few of the neat things that you store in memory...

God Bless
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby JanJer » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:57 am

Cute babies Liz. What a hoot the cat hunt must have been!

Jan
ImageImage
Roughin' It Smoothly
Jan, Jerry, Roada the Chi and Sass the Cockatiel
JanJer

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:34 pm

Liz, I loved this story, I don't remember you ever telling me this, wonder why? This will give all of us chuckles for the rest of our lives, not fun for you at the time, I'm sure. The pictures are great, sure would like to see the one of the sleeping little darlin'.
Carolinagal

Return to Pets