WI Dogs and Puppies Need Homes

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

WI Dogs and Puppies Need Homes

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:40 pm

Some of you are aware that I used to volunteer for a humane society and that I was on the Board of Directors for one. That humane society is the Ozuakee Humane Society in Wisconsin. While I was on the BoD, we merged with the Wisconsin Humane Society. Something really wonderful has happened there - they bought out one of the largest breeders supplying puppy mills in the nation (was the largest in WI). Well, that means they brought in 1200 dogs. I'm posting a link to the story - which focuses at the start on one of the dogs - and if any of you know anyone in WI interested in adopting - all these dogs need loving homes:

Saving lives, One Dog at a Time
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: WI Dogs and Puppies Need Homes

Postby avalen » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:31 pm

oh yes, I heard of that story, but the part I couldn't understand.........did they buy
the property also?
or just all the animals?
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:38 pm

They bought the business - not the property- so they took all the animals in. At least that's how I understand it from the person who told me. I didn't go into all the details. I'm just so happy that these guys are going to get real homes.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:46 am

Fingers crossed here!! Hope they all get loving homes!
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Barbzeee » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:32 am

[color=#4000BF]Yes, me too ! Years ago I was with a group of people that went marching into that Amish country to stop the Puppy Mills.. oooooh my what a day that was.. and you know I always believed that the Amish took good care of their animals.... and yes, they do their working ones..ie Horses and live stock... but those poor dogs..omg !! that was many many moons ago.. and I remember fighting up at Harrisburg, Pa... it's a never ending battle..and as long as there is big money there is always going to be supply and demand... Sad very sad.....

I pray all those animals find good homes..

God Bless
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:54 pm

great story,....
Cedar518

Return to Pets