Lola Kitty

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Lola Kitty

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:06 am

It is with a very heavy heart that I had to send Lola to the Rainbow Bridge last night. She went downhill all day and wasn't able to walk without crying in pain (arthritis) and still refused to eat or drink all day. I had been giving her CBD oil and Cosequin powder in with her wet food for the past several months and obviously that was working really well until she stopped eating, and then the pain came back. She has also been suffering from kidney failure for the past several years. I made the heartwrenching decision to end her suffering yesterday. My heart is broken and my house is quiet and empty.
I adopted her 13 years ago from a shelter in Lake Elsinore, CA when I first moved out here the first time. Just when I got home with her, the box they put her in, broke open and she escaped! I looked for her for days, weeks, putting up posters all over. I was devastated! After 2 months, I saw her out in our parking lot and ran out with some food. She ate the food but wouldn't let me get close to her. She had gone feral. So every day, I continued bringing her food and she waited for me every day but still wouldn't let me close. After 2 months more of doing this, I was finally one day, able to lure her into my apartment with the food and then closed the door behind her. She took a look around the apartment and decided she like what she saw and became the sweet indoor kitty I have had ever since. She has traveled with me 4 times across the country over the years, including 6 weeks traveling in my camper on my last move out to California. She did great! I hope I gave her a good life. Lola, I will miss you each and every day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Lola Kitty

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:09 pm

She had the best life, and a peaceful ending. You cannot ask for more than that.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby cnq50b » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:11 pm

So sorry, Barbie.
I'm sure she was grateful for the loving life you provided for her & also for this very difficult decision to release her from her pain.

Sending hugs your way.
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby chalet05 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:28 pm

I’m so sorry, Barbie.
Anita
chalet05

Postby monik7 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:48 pm

I’m so sorry Barbie. You made that difficult decision we never want to make. Remember you gave Lola a wonderful home and loving Mom. (((((HUGS)))))
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Cudedog » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:53 pm

So sorry, Barbie.

You gave her a wonderful and fantastic life, the kind of life 99.9% cats of the world can only dream of.

When she thinks of you from the Rainbow Bridge, I know that she is smiling.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:03 pm

Thank you gals for your kind words and hugs. I know you all know what I am going thru. Animal people have big hearts but they are easily broken.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:55 pm

Big hugs.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:10 am

(((((hugs))))) Barbie
it's a tough decision to make.... you knew what you had to do
enjoy the memories
sheila
snowball

Postby avalen » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:24 am

(((((hugs)))))
So so sorry for your loss,