Sad and Crying

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Sad and Crying

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:53 am

Today was the day I had to let Sophie cross the rainbow bridge. She was diagnosed just 6 weeks ago with a cancerous anal tumor and it grew really fast. I've had her for 11 years, doesn't seem possible. I found her running loose at an RV park in Kerrville when I was fulltiming. She was in bad shape and she had had a litter fairly recently. Took her to a vet to check for a chip and he guessed she had been confined in a very small space for long periods of time - pretty much no muscle, possibly used as a breeder. She, of course, wasn't chipped and even if she had been, I would NOT have returned her so she became my copilot along with my two labs, Sassy and Buddy. Now all three are gone. You wouldn't think my house would feel so empty since I still have six little rescues but there is a missing part of my pack. No matter how many times you do this, it never gets easier. My last gift was to hold her till she was gone. I worry so much about what will happen to my other guys if something happens to me. Two of my guys, Bandit and Winston, were saved from the kill list at a shelter. They are both fear biters and Bandit hates men and they had been labelled "unadoptable". They are both also markers so wear belly bands. Its sad because they are both real love bugs to women and I suspect if they weren't in a pack of girls, they would not be markers. Due to my age and health I have a rescuer trying to help me rehome them and two of my chihuahuas (they're a bonded pair and MUST go together). A friend will take Baxter and that would leave me with just Daphne, my 11 year old chihuahua. If I can't rehome I don't know what I will do. My daughter has 4 dogs and three are BIG so she can't take mine.

Ok enough of my whining. Kiss your furbabies for me.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: Sad and Crying

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:47 am

So many memories go with our dogs and places and people they have connected us to. She was a heart dog from the beginning. When our hearts are grieving it doesn't make us feel lucky to have shared our lives with such wonderful creatures...... So glad that she found you and was able to share her life with you.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Cudedog » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:05 am

Oh Karen. I was so very sad to read your post this morning. I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved fur baby, and I weep with you.

Sad, also, to hear of your ill health - I had not known you were ill; perhaps you have mentioned it and I have forgotten.

The passing of a beloved friend is always so very, very hard. It seems that for a only a very brief minute they are young, and then in a heartbeat they are gone. And every time - every single time - one leaves our side they take a piece of our hearts with them.

A piece that we never get back. I don't know how those of us who know them so well, and who love them so very, very much, can bear it. How we can make it through.

Know, Karen, that you and Sophie are both in my heart, and you both are in my prayers.

If I had the words to give you peace, to give you solace, to take away the smallest part of this pain, I would say them.

Instead, I weep with you.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby MandysMom » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:44 pm

Karen, I'm so sorry for the passing of your sweet friend, as well as for your ill health. You will be in my thoughts.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby monik7 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:14 pm

Karen, I’m so sorry to hear about your beautiful Sophie. It’s so very hard to lose the ones we love so much. I hope you can find solace in the many memories you have of all the years you and Sophie had together. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby WickedLady » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:43 pm

So sorry for your loss; I remember when you got her. Remember the good times.
WickedLady

Postby Bethers » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:46 pm

(Hugs)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:35 pm

Always so sad to lose a member of our family. I know how devastating it is but you gave her a super life, remember the good times.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Liz » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:23 am

Imageb

So sorry to hear about Sophie. What a great dog she was. I remember all the costumes she had and seemed to enjoy wearing. (((Hugs)))
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:19 pm

Karen, so sorry to hear about your loss.
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby cnq50b » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:44 pm

Sending hugs your way. You gave Sophia & all of your pets such a wonderful life. They'll be forever grateful for your love & kindness.
Will keep you & your little crew in my prayers.
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby snowball » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:41 pm

so sorry Karen .... ((((((hugs)))))
sheila
snowball

Return to Pets