Baby Pictures - Day 1

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Baby Pictures - Day 1

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:15 pm

All four appear to be roans. The roaning appears slowly as they get older. The one Blue Roan male will probably be very dark by the time the roaning fills in the spaces between all the black! Blondie is a great and attentive Ma, until the little heathens get baby teeth. She is not long for nursing after their "shark" teeth come in. Then she thinks they should learn to like puppy food fast!

Blondie and pups on Day 1
Blondie just keeping watch
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Baby Pictures - Day 1

Postby OutandAbout » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 pm

Oh how cute. I love puppies. Can't say as I blame Blondie about the teeth, really makes you wonder why humans breast feed sometimes for years.. OUCH!!!!!. Hope all is well with the pups and mama.

Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Liz » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:21 pm

Beautiful family!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:01 pm

Awwwwwwww, just sat here and stared at the pics for a minute. Gotta love the puppies.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:15 pm

Oooooooh puppies!!!!! I LOVE puppy breath.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:21 pm

What a beautiful family!!! Laughing about the teeth, though. Good word - heathens!!!

I, too, vote for Puppy Breath as an incredible smell!! (We rescued a disposable-throw-it-out-in-the-country puppy this weekend...poor thing sure didn't have Puppy Breath).

And forgive my ignorance - what does "roan" mean? Never mind - I'll go look it up...

Michelle
mitch5252

Postby Redetotry » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:09 pm

So glad they are here and mom and babies are all ok. Puppies are such fun, I think I should do puppy training on an individual basis so I don't add to the permanent doggy numbers in our house. My DH has reached his limit with three but I sure miss having a little one. Is this how people get bunches of kids, they like the baby stage!?
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby dpf » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:02 pm

Awwww....love puppies...please keep us updated with pictures. Blondie appears to be a good mama.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby WickedLady » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:49 pm

Absolutely adorable! Love puppies.
WickedLady

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:53 am

I know you are looking it up, but....the term roan - refers to the mix of red and white (or black and white together, or liver and white). If you look at Blondie's coloring you can see the dark red patches easily and then you notice that the "white" areas are different hues, depending upon how much red got mixed in. Engies come in all sorts of colors from what you think of as a "parti with just two colors with the white - all white, to one color with ticking (like freckles), to roaning, to solids, or all the above with tan ticking over the eyes and on the feet like a Gordon Setter. No such thing as a bad color! They all show together in the ring, don't get divided like the American Cockers......
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:08 am

She's a beautiful girl, and her pups will be too. As a cat person i don't share the same thoughts about "puppy breath"... but can sure appreciate how cute they are. :D yes,... keep us up with their growth with more pics every once in a while,... please!
Cedar518

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:22 am

So glad to see the puppies arrived safely and family is doing well. Can't wait to see more puppy pictures; love all puppies.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby MsBHaven » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:44 pm

Congratulations, Tina! Are you planning to keep at least one for showing? Don't forget to post more photos as the babies start growing.

P.S. I'm no longer on Facebook, but you probably already found that out. Glad I spoted the photo here! Did you notice that the Gypsy Journal rally is open for registration now? If we go full-time, hopefully we can get there. If we aren't full-time by then, I'm going in the Class B again.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:05 pm

Awwwww.....sweet puppies!!! Glad all is well....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Return to Pets