Drew and his ball

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Drew and his ball

Postby havingfunnow » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:17 pm

Hahahaha! Last night I let Drew lick out an empty cottage cheese container and didn't throw it away. Just now, he was bumping the up-side-down container across the floor and acting very excited.

I asked him "Where's your ball?" We went around the house, checking all the lost ball hiding spots, but he kept bringing me back to the container. Finally I lifted it up and -- tada! -- there was the ball!

I have no idea how he managed to invert the container over it, but he sure knew where it was and enjoyed telling me. Sometimes I think he hides his ball on purpose, so that I have to go search for it! :lol:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Re: Drew and his ball

Postby Queen » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:27 pm

Hahahaha!! What a good boy, making sure mama gets her daily exercise.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:02 am

Aww, so cute.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:08 am

Now you need to find different containers and hide the ball under them. I'll bet he will be able to smell it out.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby havingfunnow » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:41 am

I'm sure he would, Judy. He loves his balls. There's this 'game' we sometimes play at dog class -- a muffin tin with a ball in every indentation, and a treat hidden under one of them. The object is for the dog to find the hidden treat. Drew insists that the balls are the treat! He grabs the first one, races around the ring or around me, drops it, darts in (fast! very fast!) to grab the second one, and so on. I'm always laughing too hard to call him to order. :lol:

I don't know if one of his goals is to keep me entertained, but he sure does it. My laugh-a-day boy!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Cudedog » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:25 pm

havingfunnow wrote:I'm sure he would, Judy. He loves his balls. There's this 'game' we sometimes play at dog class -- a muffin tin with a ball in every indentation, and a treat hidden under one of them. The object is for the dog to find the hidden treat. Drew insists that the balls are the treat! He grabs the first one, races around the ring or around me, drops it, darts in (fast! very fast!) to grab the second one, and so on. I'm always laughing too hard to call him to order. :lol:

I don't know if one of his goals is to keep me entertained, but he sure does it. My laugh-a-day boy!

Too funny!! :lol: Thanks for sharing.

My Big Joe loves his Kong. I call it a "ball", as in "where's your ball?" If I say that, he will look for it. Sometimes when he is obviously looking for it, and can't find it, I will say to him "You left it on the couch". He will immediately head to the couch, where he has left it in the couch cushions. Don't know that he understands English grammer, but he definitely knows "ball" and "couch". :lol:

He likes to carry it around in his mouth all of the time, but when he starts to do some serious chewing on it, I have to take it away from him.

One of Joe's Kongs only last about four or five weeks. He chews them so much and so hard (he has very strong jaws) that they flex quite a bit and become brittle. I can't leave him with one unsupervised, because he has been known to "crunch" them until they begin to crack. Once they crack, he knows it, and redoubles his chewing efforts. If I don't immediately take them from him when this happens, he has been known to swallow pieces that he has managed to pull off once the Kong begins to fail.

I once found a fair-size missing chunk of Kong in his poo. Lucky me, and lucky him it didn't cause an obstruction. Or worse.

Yes. A solid rubber Kong. Large size. Advertised as an "indestructible dog toy". :o Actually, there is no such thing as an "indestructible dog toy" when one owns and loves a Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

God surely blessed humankind when He gave to us our dogs.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Return to Pets