Toys

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Toys

Postby Bethers » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:45 pm

Ty has several toys. He knows the pull toy is the only one I'll play tug of war with. Of the others he has two favorites. One had been one of Peaches' and the first one I gave him. The other is Carrot... Which was given to him by a couple that worked at the store this year. Together we play fetch with these. Other times he needs no help. These pics are a few minutes ago... Forgive the blurring but they were action shots lol

Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Toys

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:13 pm

Emma loves her toys too. She has several favorites LOL The elephant is almost bigger than her but all 4 legs sqeak and she sure knows how to squeak them. I love watching them play with their toys. Blossom was not a toy dog but Emma sure is.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby avalen » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:37 pm

He's sure having a good time, and he's looking good!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:38 pm

Karen, Peaches would squeak her toys forever. Ty ignores that they squeak. He knows they do, but rarely do I hear one squeak. He simply wants to play with them.

Thanks Alice. We just came from a walk where he got to meet and play with a couple other dogs. Oh, that made him happy.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:40 pm

Shadow isn't a toy dog either except he got this drumstick when he had his dental work done...and after he eats which is late after his last time out he tries to hide it runs around crying for lack of a better word trying to bury the drum stick the rest of the day he steps over it... go figure.. I think it is cute to watch dogs play with toys
sheila
snowball

Postby monik7 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:24 pm

Really cute Beth. Put a smile on my face.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Cudedog » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:57 am

Beth, Ty certainly looks like a sweetie - is that a glint of mischievousness I see in his eye?

I would love for my Big Joe to have a room full of toys. If I could, I would give them to him. I'm sure that he would love them, but they would just be too dangerous for him (he can - and has - and does - demolish stuffed toys, and even rope "tug" toys - in a matter of seconds. Stuffing instantly out and scattered, heavy cotton rope bitten right in half).

Whenever I can (constantly!) keep my eye on him, I allow him to carry around his much-beloved medium-sized Kong (a solid rubber dog toy) which delights him no end (you can see the big grin on his face), and he won't put down. He will carry it, and chomp and chew on it (no treats inside needed!), as long as I let him.

A single Kong will last Joe about 3 or 4 weeks of this constant flexing (by being chewed on), sometimes not so long as this, so I have to be careful and vigilant. After a short period of time they become brittle, (not as flexible) probably due to the constant flexing/chewing, and will then begin to crack. As soon as the first tiny crack appears, Joe knows it, and redoubles his chewing efforts (I inspect any current Kong three or four times per day - whenever I allow him to have it for a bit). When I see the first tiny crack, into the trash it goes.

As many of you know, these things are expensive - around $14.00 each from Amazon (at the pet store they can be upwards of $20 each). I buy them from Amazon three at a time, so that I always have a new one on hand, and don't suddenly "run out" :roll: :lol:.

Joe does not seem to distinguish between the old Kong from the new one - if I don't instantly have a "replacement" he gets kind of panicky looking for the "old" one, and really acts quite distressed! One time I did "run out" and had to make an "emergency" trip to my local PetsMart to calm him down. :lol:

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Irmi » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:41 pm

I'm so happy that Ty loves his toys and tugs of war. Teddy did the same thing and found the squeeker in each one. I would put the squeeker back and sew it shut, as he watched me, waiting for his new toy. Sometimes I sewed his toys shut several times before disposing of it. Gosh, we miss him.
Irmi

Postby Bethers » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Irmi wrote:I'm so happy that Ty loves his toys and tugs of war. Teddy did the same thing and found the squeeker in each one. I would put the squeeker back and sew it shut, as he watched me, waiting for his new toy. Sometimes I sewed his toys shut several times before disposing of it. Gosh, we miss him.

Oh, Irmi I certainly understand missing Teddy. After losing Peaches in June I wasn't in a hurry... When I got Ty in July people told me I was like someone who'd just quit smoking for the past month... And I don't doubt that. They can't be replaced in our hearts, but luckily our hearts are always able to expand to fit in more. Ty and Peaches couldn't be more different. But sometimes I believe she's whispering in his ear as he'll pick up a trait of hers.
Beth
Bethers

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:31 pm

He certainly looks happy.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby havingfunnow » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:25 am

Oh, what delight! He's having SO MUCH FUN!! :D Lucky boy. :D

For Drew, it is mostly tennis balls. He doesn't really like to play with other toys, but he is obsessive about tennis balls. He'll swipe them if he gets a chance . . . he's just a blur of movement when he darts for one.

Oh, and all the agility obstacles at class really belong to Drew. He will graciously allow the other dogs to have a turn, but if too many of them are getting turns, he protests loudly. He has this special weird "bark" that is sort of a cross between a yodel and a howl, and I usually have to take him out of the room to distract him. Funny boy.

Dogs and their toys! :lol:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:42 pm

Recently I stopped at a dollar store. Saw a cute little one dollar dog toy and bought it for Benji. Well, he loves that toy more than any other expensive toy! These are all cute stories! Thanks for posting them! lyn

I put up two pictures of Casey in my trailer. I too am missing her. I don't know if putting up the pictures was a good or bad idea.

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:04 pm

I have pictures of several of my past dogs hanging at home and one in the RV. They are full of memories for me. Places we went, people we met and things we did together.......
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Othersharon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:23 am

Ah, Beth, such cute pictures of Ty and his toy. Rascal seems to be going through a phase we’re he has to pull the stuffing out of the toys! Amazingly he still has his duck that we give him when we brought him home and it’s still intact. He’ll grab a toy and shake it like crazy and then push it into my hand and sometimes want me to throw it and sometimes to play tug.
I was looking at some pictures of him and his brother the other day. I still miss Doodles as does Rascal, I think. I miss watching them running around the yard together. He’ll be in my heart forever.
Othersharon

Return to Pets