Meet Abby

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Meet Abby

Postby avalen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:07 pm

Meet Abby
Our new little girl from the vet office.
Owners brought her and a cat in to be put down because of the new baby.
This kind of stuff really upsets me but staff take care of senior and hospice dogs rescue broughg her
to me. Shes 10 years, perfectly healthy, even witb good teeth!
Maggie seems ok with this, very watchful but each walk we all take together brings them closer.
I think she was taught not to jump on the furniture as she doesnt seem to know how. That will
change,,,, lol
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Re: Meet Abby

Postby monik7 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:14 pm

Is she yours now or are you fostering her? She sure is cute. I agree with you and get so upset when I hear of people putting their animals down because of a new baby, they just don’t want to care for them anymore, and many other ridiculous reasons. She looks like she would be a great sister for Maggie. My Abby would love to meet her.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:34 pm

Abby looks so sweet. How do they know to bring the dog to you, do you have "softie" written on your forehead LOL So I am assuming if it all works out you have another member to add to your family. Not a bad deal.

A friend of mine went to the Humane society thinking she would adopt a dog and they wanted almost $300 for her to do this......she said bye bye. No wonder people cant afford to do this. She went to another private shelter she knew of and for $75 she came home with a sweetie.

Congrats Alice, cant wait to meet her. You coming to Oregon this year?? or next??
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:45 pm

OMG< I want her. She is adorable. I'm trying really, really hard NOT to get number six. When I was so sick last year, taking care of my babies was really hard and I couldn't have done it if my daughter hadn't helped me. That's why I rehomed three and went from 7 to 4. Then I acquired Daphne so now I'm back to six. I worry that if something happened to me, my poor daughter (who has four of her own and for a while, two of her daughter's - all big dogs) would be stuck trying to find homes for them. I'm just so picky about new homes that I've been trying for a year to rehome Winston. Anyway, if you don't keep Abby, send her to me.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby avalen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:35 pm

I keep an eye on the lost and found pets for az on Facebook, well the vet nurse posted and her picture popped up while i was reading and i immediatly responded and so it began. The cat was placed with another staff member and the other staff members had full houses already. They do a rescue of senior dogs and dogs in hospice. They gave her a quick bath and brought her to me. She was still wet and after she dried i gave her another bath and she will still need another one. I know darn well this is the type of oder dogs get staying in a crate all day on a dirty poddy pad. That odor will eventually be gone.
Her teeth are good, and eyes are good and nothing wrong with her hearing. The paperwork i signed was for fostering for a week and then i could keep her. She came with a bag of blue buffalo dog food and her harness, she definately knows her harness. I dont think she was ever allowed on the furniture as she doesnt seem to know how to jump up. We're working on that. She is 10 years going on 11.
Maggie has been very tolerant and very watchful. It will all work out. She certainly is little though.
avalen

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:08 pm

Hello little Abby & congrats Alice. Two for the road!
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby cnq50b » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:09 pm

She's precious! See how the week goes, but it sounds like she's grateful for a new home & yes, you are a softie. :)
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby snowball » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:59 pm

quite the cutie...hopefully will get to meet her
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:27 am

What a cute face! Welcome Abby!
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:12 am

Welcome Home! Hold on tight, this new home has wheels and is full of love.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby carolb » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:51 am

Oh Alice, my honey:) You're now a two-dog family!!! so happy for you & especially for Abby--omg, you saved her life...!
carolb

Postby Bethers » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:02 am

Welcome, Abby! I tried really hard to greet her right after you posted, but my signal vanished lol. She's such a cutie. And thanks for adding her to your family.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:03 pm

Abby is doing well, and so is Maggie. Abby is gaining more confidence in jumping up on the seat. Maggie stole one of Abby's toys even though she has never been into playing with toys, i think she is sending a message. Lol , but she did accept Abby in the bed last night with no fuss.
avalen

Postby monik7 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:37 pm

Sounds like Abby is settling in. So happy for her and for Maggie and you Alice. What a cute family! You’ve done a good thing. AGAIN!!!
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:09 pm

My husband happened to go in the vet's office right after someone had brought a cat in to be put to sleep because they didn't want her. I don't think she was even a year old. The vet said you like cats, why don't you take her. We had her for 18 years. I'm trying hard to not take in any more. Especially any that might out live me.

So glad you could take Abby.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Next

Return to Pets