Peaches final Ride

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Peaches final Ride

Postby Bethers » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:54 pm

It was time, no matter how hard. Peaches is now at Rainbow Bridge. I took a couple pictures this morning.
First a selfie of the two of us (Peaches was never a lap dog, but today, yes):

Her final morning as co-pilot (as usual, she lies down on the job):

I've never spent a day or night RVing without a dog, the last 10+ years with Peaches. This place is so empty without her. I just hope she has lots of cold creeks to run in and drink out of.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Peaches final Ride

Postby Irmi » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:19 pm

Beth, I cry every time I see these posts. Bless your heart for being such good Mom to Peaches.
Irmi

Postby Azusateach » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:49 pm

Oh Beth, I'm so, so very sorry. But you've honored Peaches by letting her go. It's never easy, and yet the absolute most important part of our job as caretakers of these wonderful creatures.

Big hugs from the gang here, Beth.

Laura, Jed, and Tilly
Azusateach

Postby Queen » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:05 pm

Beth, my heart is just breaking for you, I'm so very sorry about Peaches. Tess and Skip will meet up with her and show her around.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:11 pm

Aww so very sorry you had to let Peaches travel over the Rainbow Bridge. She had so many wonderful experiences with you that you will never forget. Each of our furbabies are so special and have special places in our heart. After I lost Blossom my house was soooo empty. I did not know what to do with myself. It did get better each day but the loss still felt the same. And then I got a "puppy" LOL Kept me busy but still thought of Blossom often. Hopefully she and Peaches have met up again and are running thru the meadows, forests, rivers, lakes, everything I think it should be like.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby avalen » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:27 pm

Awww Beth, I'm so sorry !! You two had so many wonderful adventures over these 10 years.
We know these duties are never easy. God bless
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby chalet05 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:37 pm

Beth, I am so very sorry. Hold Peaches and the memories in your heart - know you will.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Rufflesgurl » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:24 pm

Beth, I am so very sorry. You were such a good mom to Peaches as she was a good furbaby for you. ): She will always be with you. Thank
you for sharing your last pictures of her sweet little face.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Cudedog » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:56 pm

Beth, I sit here weeping with you. It is so very very hard to let them go. And never easy.

If I had the words to ease your pain, I would say them.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Bethers » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:33 pm

Thank you all. Your kind words mean so much. I know it was time. I know I did the right thing. But no matter how many times I've done this it never gets easier. I know, down the road, another rescue will find me. Meantime I don't call how I feel lonely... But oh, so alone. And you can chuckle.... I always used the excuse that I was talking to Peaches (and before her, Tips or Moxie, etc)... Now I'll have to admit it when I talk to myself.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:34 pm

So sorry for your loss and your pain...
grammynmaggie

Postby monik7 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:26 pm

Beth, I’m so very very sorry to hear this. Peaches was such a special best friend. You could see it when she was with you. She adored you and I know you felt the same about her. I like to remember the picture you posted not too long ago of her rolling on her back in the snow. What a cutie! I know how hard this was for you seeing her decline and then having to make the ultimate decision. It’s the hardest thing we have to do for our loyal friends. I hope she finds Krissi there. I love to imagine them together. It will be lonely without her, but you have such wonderful memories to help fill the void. (((((Beth)))))
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:41 pm

Oh Beth! (((hugs))). You were a great mom and she was a great dog! Cherish the memories! She is comfortable and running free and happy now! I am sure you will still feel her spirit around you. That bond can never be broken.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:21 pm

it's time like this that I feel at loss for words...so simply put I am so sorry for you
know that your memories of Peaches and others will help you..
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:21 am

I am so sorry for your loss. The goodbye I'd so hard even when one knows it is the best thing to do. Sending a hug from all of us.
Velda
MandysMom

Next

Return to Pets