Furbabies, Finally

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Furbabies, Finally

Postby sharon » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:03 pm

Finally getting around to posting pictures of the furbabies...This is Chewy, real name Chewbaca 'cause that's what she looked like when she was 5 weeks old. Of course she has other names, too...GF calls her Kujo, BF calls her a land shark, Jenny calls her a poop, and some guy when we were camping last week called her Princess, so she snarled at him. She snarled at Sparkle and Sparkle snarled back, didn't even faze her, so they got in a growling contest. Still not sure which one won. She's a great traveling companion, jumps up in my lap and sleeps the whole time we're moving, goes potty when I stop to go and has only asked maybe a couple of times to stop and go. Needless to say, as nasty as she is with strangers, I love her to pieces and wouldn't give her up for love nor money. She's a long hair Chihuahua, brindle color. Built like her mom, she is NOT overweight and refused to join the weight loss thing some of you gals have going! LOL!

2 yrs old:

And this is Sam...Sam was raised by a German Shephard, so he's not real sure if he's a cat or a dog. He belonged to my DH, so when I started traveling after he passed, I just threw Sam in Hope and took off for a 3 month trip to Nev, SD, Utah and Montana, and boy is that a story!! He travels well, and even seems to enjoy it. He's 7 and weighs about 17 #'s, not as big as Jenny's Biff, but sure feels like it when he lands on my lap. He usually rides on the dash in the left hand corner, or in his house.

This is after a long day of traveling in Canada on our way to Alaska....He had a really, really hard day of driving, snow and rain and he was exhausted! Poor boy!

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Re: Furbabies, Finally

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:28 pm

GREAT pictures. Loved your cat hanging off the seat.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:47 pm

GREAT fur baby pics, Sharon! Sam sure does know how to relax! And Chewy still does look like Chewbaca!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:39 pm

What would we do without our wonderful furbabies? Yours are adorable.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby avalen » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:03 pm

adorable babies
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby WickedLady » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:13 pm

Love the picx. Chewy looks like "Disaster" my brother's longhair that would poop on his bedside rug when she got mad at him :D
WickedLady

Postby Orchid » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:24 am

Loved your pictures. Haven't we all been that exhausted that we wanted to collapse like Sam? He sure has that relaxing posture down. :) Cheryl
Orchid

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:50 am

Great photos,... especially that last one! :D
Cedar518

Postby Liz » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:50 pm

Funny how those lttle dogs act so big. Chewy is beautiful. Handsome kitty too. My cat, Bandit thinks he's a dog too...has to go out on a leash every time we stop, same as the dog.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:56 pm

Thanks for sharing your furbabies. You know we love them all here!
AlmostThere

Postby Bethers » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:50 am

Chewy didn't growl at me. Surprising cuz Chewy knew Peaches came with me and wanted nothing to do with her. LOL Great seeing the pictures and remembering both of them - hope to see them both again. Never know, maybe I'll get further south in California than I have planned on my return from AK. Hmmmmm, something to think about.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sharon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:18 am

Always have a spot in the driveway for old friends, water and electric, shower and bathroom in the house, big fenced yard for Peaches, dump station 3 miles from the house and a ready and willing guide for adventures! Bring it on GF!!! :lol: As far as I know at this point, I'll be gone the month of July and Sept 4-8th. Or could meet you up at the North Rim to see Sparkle and then caravan down to here....another thing to think about!! Nice little CG next to where she works. So many places to go, so little time...or was that so many men, so little time???? Doesn't matter, it's all good!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby dcricket » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:06 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwww Chewey and Sam, my two favs! Give em hugs from Auntie Donna :)
Bethers, be sure to give a hollar if you make it down this way. Would love to get together for lunch or dinner to say HI! :)
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby Sparkle » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:59 pm

I remember that crabby little face. It matched my crabby little face! Great photo of Sam. We should take lessons on how to relax from cats. How come animals never have trouble sleeping? :)
Sparkle

Postby MsBHaven » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:01 pm

Chewie is adorable. I about died laughing at Sam sleeping! That photo should win a contest.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Next

Return to Pets