Tigger update

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Tigger update

Postby carolb » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:45 pm

A little over a year ago, I shared with my Morning Coffee friends the difficulties I was facing with my Tigg's health issues. Happily, last November we found the right combination of meds, & he was almost miraculously restored to my healthy, happy, loving boy! He no longer showed any outward signs of his heart & kidney diseases...we had the best 10 months together.

On the morning of Sept 12th, he was up & about, prancing around with happy tail, when suddenly his back legs buckled. I laid him beside me on the bed...less than 15 minutes later, I felt his heart beat for the last time. He never made a sound, went quietly & so very peacefully...a perfect death...

Though I knew his heart disease would take him sooner rather than later, it has been quite a shock to me--still is...But I try to focus on how blessed I was to be his mom & to be so loved by him...

So now he is with all our other much loved pet children who have gone sooner than we would have hoped. They live on in our hearts always....

And as much as I haven't wanted to write this, I want to spare any awkwardness there might be when those of you that knew my Tiggy should see me again without him.... I thank you in advance for any kind, comforting words you have to offer. I know so many of you are still hurting from recent losses...others, maybe facing this same fate...I hurt for all of us ... :cry:
carolb

Re: Tigger update

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:21 pm

So happy that you were able to spend those extra months with Tigg. And that you were able to be with him in those last moments so that he knew how much he was cherished and loved. They live on in our hearts always and remind us to live in the present as they do so well......
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:23 pm

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Tigger! It is so hard to lose are furkids even when we know they are sick and/or old.
Just think of all the good times you had with him, when you are feeling sad. He is still around you wagging his tail!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby avalen » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:28 pm

:cry:
I'm grateful Tig made the decision for you and that you didn't
have to. That's such a hard part of us having our babies. Saying
goodbye is never easy. My biggest hug for you dear friend.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:38 pm

This has been a year of many of us losing our precious furbabies. My heart hurts every time I see someone else has lost their best friend. I miss my pup but she still lives in my heart and my mind.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:41 pm

Aww, Carol, I'm so sorry. But I'm so glad you were able to have all those good months and that he got to pass so quickly surrounded by your love. Hugs to you.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:23 pm

Carol, I’m trying to send this through my tears. It happens every time I read that someone has lost their beloved pet. Tigger was the best and I’m so glad he had those extra months with you. I’m glad you held him close and I’m positive he felt your love to his last breath. That was a blessing for you both. Thanks for letting us know my friend. I know it must have been hard. (((((HUGS)))))
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Redetotry » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:59 pm

I'm so sorry Carol, it is never easy but as Ava said, I too am grateful he made the decision and you didn't have to. You gave him a happy life and took such good care of him. I know he loved you as much as you loved him. Big Hugs.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby carolb » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:47 am

You are all so wonderful--I treasure each of you for your msgs, so comforting, & such a big help in my healing process...I was afraid I was too "wordy," but OSharon assured me it was fine. It's just that so many of you last saw him when he was "sick," & I didn't want any of you to think I let him go on like that...was so thankful when we finally got the right combination of meds. For those of you who knew he had also suffered a spine injury, he had recovered fully from that except for a slight limp. He left this world a happy boy. Miss that happy boy so much....Love you all...I am "better" thanks to you...
carolb

Postby Cudedog » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:20 am

Carolb:

So sorry for your loss. I know this pain. I have lost three wonderful dogs in the last four years. I think four years. . . It is difficult even now to think about it.

The three were the Mom dog (my sweet Cude dog - thus my screen name on here), aged 16 1/2 when she passed; her son, my wonderful Rodrey James (aged 14 1/2 when he went to the Rainbow Bridge) and his loving litter sister, My Sweet Girl (aged 15 1/2 when she followed her brother to the Bridge).

All three were born into my hands, and lived with me their entire long (but never long enough) lives. We were hardly ever apart. It seems, as I look around the house even now, that they should still be here with me, sleeping on the bed, running in the backyard, dancing in the kitchen. If I would but reach out, I could still touch them.

I weep for them still.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

The only advice I might give is, if you are able, as soon as you are able, is to find another dog. As is often said, "never to replace, but just to help to fill the empty space". In my younger life, I would wait a year or more before finding another furbaby. The only time the pain would begin to moderate, even if just a little (for me, the pain never entirely goes away) was when I let a new furbaby came into my life.

As the years roll on, I know, now, not to wait.

Carolb, I give to you my sincerest condolences, and wish for you hope and joy for the future, wherever that future might be, and whatever that future might bring.

Anne
Last edited by Cudedog on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby cnq50b » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:30 am

So sorry that Tigger has passed to the rainbox bridge, but what a beautiful trip he had with you at his side.
You are a blessing to your furbabies & to all who pass in your path.
Sending hugs & love your way, my dear friend.
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby Liz » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:04 pm

He was a happy pup to the last. So happy he had those extra months with you and due to your good care. You were the best mommy and he knew it. ((((Hugs))))
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:44 am

How lucky he was to have had you for his mommy for as long as he did. Now he's a happy, healthy furbaby just waiting at the Rainbow bridge for you. I do agree with Cudedog, find a dog that NEEDS to be loved and cherished and take him into your heart and home as a tribute to Tigger. Best remembrance you could give him. A big hug to you.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:36 am

So sorry to learn of your loss. ((((((((hugs)))))))))
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby gingerK » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:47 am

Carol,I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Rest easy sweet Tigger.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Next

Return to Pets