RV Sue said farewell to Bridget

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Re: RV Sue said farewell to Bridget

Postby Azusateach » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:44 pm

Acadianmom wrote:I didn't read her blog all the time, not because of her animals but other reasons. It kind of sends mixed signals if you put your whole live on line and then dare any one to talk to you.
Martha

My point exactly, Martha. She's a wealth of knowledge when it comes to finding boondocking spots. But she's adamant about keeping people at arm's length. I don't get it. But then I'm not a therapist.

But who am I to judge how someone chooses to live his/her life? It's different than how I'd do it if I were in her shoes, but that's the glory of this big ol' world. ;)
Azusateach

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:21 am

My heart goes out to anyone who loses a family member. And, no, we don't know the whole story, but when you share your life as she does, it causes people to talk, wonder, etc. As in my previous post, and how Martha said it, I quit her blog for other reasons. That said, after going back and reading about the last month of her posts, I understand anyone feeling as the op here does. And I always wonder about someone who puts it out there then tells everyone to not respond or post if they disagree.

One thing I love, most of the time, in this group, is how, for the most part, we can disagree respectfully.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:04 pm

I think how this has played out has strengthened my determination to stay off social media. This forum is as far as I've gone and ever plan to go. I realize if someone puts themselves out there for others to read they open themselves up to criticism, and that's what keeps me away from all but this forum. As Beth said, hopefully we will continue to remain respectful here and agree to disagree.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:55 pm

Never read the blog but I do feel so sorry when a fur baby is lost to anyone. They bring such joy to all fortunate enough to share their life
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:33 pm

Just want to say I am a reader, every day, of RV Sue. I enjoy her blog immensely. I don't post on her site, nor comment, just read. I thought her handling of Bridget's final days the same as having Hospice in to teach/help the family how to care for a loved one during their final days.

I appreciate all the different opinions here, and agree, it is nice to disagree in a friendly manner!

lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby WickedLady » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:34 pm

I quit reading her blog a long time ago after she said she did not want people bothering her by stopping by and then had the gall to thank everyone for supporting her lifestyle by shopping Amazon thru her blog. Really??!!
WickedLady

Postby Retiredcajunlady » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:24 pm

I do enjoy her blogs, and I take them for exactly what she chooses to share with her readers. Many people enjoy the company of others and take steps to meet and be with others and make new friends. Many others don't. It's just differences in human nature, not character flaws. All of us have ideas about how we do things, how we feel about situations, and how we choose to live our daily lives. Having Amazon as a sponsor does provide a income for her, but again it is a choice as to whether anyone shops through her site. It took many years of my 60 years to learn to not judge others by my own beliefs and standards. I am not talking about horrendous acts meant to harm others, but simply by how others think and the choices they make. Many posts had hurtful things to say about a person most of us have not met nor know personally. Can you imagine reading things in a forum about you and your life choices? Life presents us with enough chances to voice our opinions be it our own health choices, our personal tastes in clothes, movies, books, music, etc. Picking apart another person's life should never be for sport. Just my humble opinion.
Retiredcajunlady

Previous

Return to Pets