Poor Abby and Bindi

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Poor Abby and Bindi

Postby monik7 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:14 pm

I am so mad at irresponsible dog owners. Twice in the space of 5 hours we were attacked by unleashed dogs. The first was at the RV park we stayed in last night in Bakersfield. This morning while walking the dogs before we left, we passed a 5th wheel and this little dog who really needed a hair cut came running out the door. A woman (about 35 yrs. old) came out behind him and she tripped as she came down the stairs. Then two more came out. The first went straight for Bindi, bit her and didn't stop. I grabbed it by the skin and hair on its back and lifted it off the ground. It seemed to stop and I made the mistake of letting go and he went after Bindi again. Again I grabbed and lifted him up. The lady was apologetic, but poor Bindi was so scared. The bite was a scrape on the inside top of her left front leg. It bled only a tiny bit, but I'm still mad. I insisted that the lady show me proof the dog was vaccinated. It's not just the injury to her skin, but also what it does to her mind. She's a gentle, shy and timid little girl as it is, but now we have to add being afraid all the time of being attacked.

Then, after checking into the RV park near Disneyland just hours later, I took the dogs for a walk. On the way back, we passed a grassy area that's not fenced but called the dog park. A man was there throwing a big ball for a huge dog. We were on the sidewalk. He told the dog to go over and say hello to us. The dog bounded over growling with the hair up all along its back. Thankfully it didn't go after the dogs, but they were both terrified. The man continued to say the dog wasn't dangerous. I told him he should have him on a leash so he doesn't attack others like he did us. I think he could tell I wasn't happy, but he just went on throwing the ball for the dog. We were a half block away and Bindi was so scared she was still looking back to make sure the dog wasn't coming after us.

I think I'm going to start carrying a big stick!
Sandi
Last edited by monik7 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Re: Poor Abby and Bindi

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:25 pm

Awww! Poor babies! Like you said, it isn't so much the physical injury as much as the emotional damage done. Like people, that can take a lot longer to heal. What is wrong with some people??
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby havingfunnow » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:37 pm

Oh, poor Bindi! Yes, a big stick is a good idea. I also wouldn't hesitate to use pepper spray.
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby WickedLady » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:44 pm

Pepper spray is better than a stick but my personal fav would be a tazer.
WickedLady

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:00 pm

Forget the dang stick, my neighbor who walks every morning in the dark LOL carries a small flashlight that also has a taser switch. I think I am going to get one as my dog has been attacked once by a Pit bull. Fortunately the manager of the RV park where I was gave them 20 minutes to get their self packed and out of there or she was calling the cops.

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby avalen » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:07 pm

Oh no, poor babies, I think a cattle prod would good, like a tazer and big stick all rolled into one
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby monik7 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:25 pm

OregonLuvr wrote:Forget the dang stick, my neighbor who walks every morning in the dark LOL carries a small flashlight that also has a taser switch. I think I am going to get one as my dog has been attacked once by a Pit bull. Fortunately the manager of the RV park where I was gave them 20 minutes to get their self packed and out of there or she was calling the cops.

karen

I'd like to know the brand and any other info on that flashlight/taser Karen. Please let me know.
Sandi

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
monik7

Postby Rufflesgurl » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:05 pm

Sandi - Glad your poor babies are OK. Never understood why people don't keep their dogs on leash. But then again, it's those same people that say
their dog is friendly. Right??

Hope you are having a good time and poor little Bindi recovers. I'm thinking the flashlight w/taser is a great idea. I would also like to know where
it was purchased.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby snowball » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:41 am

that is too bad that combo sounds good even out in the desert never know what one might come
up against...enjoy your visit at Disney World...
sheila
snowball

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:12 am

How horrible for poor you and little Bindi. Give her lots of love (which I know you do anyway), and try to help her with her anxiety of other dogs. She is too sweet of a girl to live live so scared.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:39 am

When I was fulltiming loose dogs was one of my pet peeves. Same reason I don't go to dog parks, not all the dogs people bring are well behaved plus you don't know what you're exposing your dogs to because some people are NOT good at having their dogs vaccinated or wormed, or kennel cough, etc. I really hate people who think the rules don't apply to them. Not sure tho that I would taser another dog, depending on the size you could kill it and its really not the dogs fault. Use the taser on the owner.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby monik7 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:58 am

I'm not sure tasers are even lawful in California. Even the pepper sprays I've seen online are limited in strength by the EPA.
Sandi

monik7

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:16 pm

I will ask my neighbor in the morning when I see him after his walk

karen

Legal hmmmm well it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission sometimes
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:30 pm

Sandi I just bought this one He said he got it at Amazon so I thought I would get one too Just cannot be too careful and it does not say anything about being illegal so....

https://www.amazon.com/VIPERTEK-VTS-T03 ... +tazer#Ask

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby avalen » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:04 pm

I googled the law and tasers in California

In California, there is no police department or public service agency that regulates either tasers or stun guns, meaning a wide-open market for their use. A taser gun, a stun gun - most people have heard the terms and associate the weapons with law enforcement

Guess its ok to carry one
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Next

Return to Pets