Darn it!

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Darn it!

Postby dpf » Tue May 03, 2016 8:43 am

I have been looking for a rescue Boston Terrier for a couple of months with no luck. This morning on Facebook there was a 4 year old female, Iggy, that the owner had needed to rehome because a change in both her employment and housing. Well...I was too late. There were about eight people who said they would take her within five minutes of the posting.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Re: Darn it!

Postby retiredhappy » Tue May 03, 2016 9:03 am

Boston's are great dogs but have you considered giving a shelter dog a home? There are some absolutely wonderful dogs in shelters that NEED a home or they will be killed. All six of my rescues are wonderful, loving dogs.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby monik7 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:52 am

retiredhappy wrote:Boston's are great dogs but have you considered giving a shelter dog a home? There are some absolutely wonderful dogs in shelters that NEED a home or they will be killed. All six of my rescues are wonderful, loving dogs.

I agree Karen. Our little Bindi is a joy and wonderful addition to our family and the same applies to our kitty Amy.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby dpf » Tue May 03, 2016 12:15 pm

It isn't that I haven't looked at shelters. I can't adopt from any local shelters because we don't have a fenced in yard. Most of the dogs in the shelter are also large dogs and I want a small to medium size...has to be good with children. I love my friend's Boxer and she stays with us often, but I just don't want a dog that big. I prefer a short haired or non-shedding also. This was basically a rescue because the woman had to rehome her for personal reasons which I am sure was a difficult decision since Iggy was four years old. As far as Bostons...they are the only breed that I have ever had...for that matter the only breed our whole family have ever been owned by.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Acadianmom » Tue May 03, 2016 4:36 pm

A rescue wouldn't let us have a dog either even thou we have had cattle dogs for 40 years and a Boston Terrier when my son was little.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue May 03, 2016 5:42 pm

Keep your ears up....eventually you will find your dog. :) I am happy to know that you are out there looking. I am sure that there is one with your name on it, you just don't know it yet! Good hunting!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Tue May 03, 2016 10:51 pm

Aww, sorry this one didn't work. I've never understood rescues with the fence rule. They'd rather put dogs to sleep?

Have you looked for a Boston rescue group?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Pets