Nicky and Friend

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Nicky and Friend

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:34 pm

Weather warmed up nicely here today and my wild child got to visit a friend for play time

Sharing a drink with loki

Two tired dogs
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Re: Nicky and Friend

Postby Nasoosie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:34 am

Great fenced-in play area! Is that your house, or a campsite?

Cute pics of happy dogs! See how good you are getting with posting pics now!!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:03 am

That's a Winn-Dixie face! Love it!
Cedar518

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:33 am

Love the pictures - happy dogs. I wish I could let my two play with others but because they are rescues and were never socialized I'm not sure what their reaction would be. We once had a little Jack Russell charge us and my two were NOT happy. I think maybe I'll get two muzzles to prevent anyone getting hurt and try letting them introduce themselves to other dogs.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:42 am

Nicky is not well socialized either. This little dog, Loki, is the only one I've found that he doesn't try to attack.
I had enrolled Nicky in a training class at PetSmart when I he first came to live with me. He was expelled for aggression toward other dogs (fine with people, most anyway).
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby dpf » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:55 pm

I not sure that being a rescue is the entire problem. Our Boston Terrier, Radar, will be eight years old on Valentine's Day. We brought her home when she was 8 weeks old. At her young age she tried to take the position of alpha dog over our then 8 year old Boston, but was quickly put in her place and she never tried to confront Tink again. The two of them became best friends. However Radar only has one other dog that she will tolerate and that is our neighbor's Maltese and will basically ignore my sister's Boston, Miss Duffy. She will try to attack any other dog...the bigger the better as far as she is concerned. She absolutely loves people. Being close to a 100 miles from any formal training classes (aka: Reform School) makes them pretty much out of the question. Boston's pug noses tend to make a muzzle out of the question. I would really appreciate any suggestion how some of you have been able to socialize a dog who just "does not play well with others". Do any of you remember when that used to be on the deportment part of elementary report cards? :) I never had that checked....but did have "talks too much" just about every six weeks!
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby WickedLady » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:13 pm

It's the terrier breed. Have you ever been to a dog show and the judge has two terriers face each other? He wants to see how 'terrier-like' each one is, to determine the winner.
Terriers all think they are bigger than they really are and are out to prove it. :roll:
Marda
WickedLady

Postby dcricket » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:24 pm

Cute pics. Funny my DH and I were talking about the terrier breed yesterday. Saw one of those big Airdale(spelling?) Terriers, and he was talking about how aggressive they were. I had to argue they were very loving dogs. Of that he had no debate, it was more factual of their protectively aggressive nature...I like to think of them as being feisty. :)
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby OutandAbout » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:10 pm

what cute puppy pictures. How nice to see them exhausted from playing. It sure works for mine. Mine mostly play with each other, so I'm not sure how social they really are. They are family, so they have to get along and play nice. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Linda
OutandAbout

Return to Pets