Abby

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Abby

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:32 pm

Just read on Facebook that Abby has died. Oh, I'm so sorry Mitch. I know how you are suffering and all I can do is offer big hugs. Abby had a great life with you. She knew how much you loved her and you took such good care of her. So sorr y for y our loss. Love, lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Re: Abby

Postby Olive6001 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:37 pm

Mitch, I am so sorry for your loss. Words aren't enough. Lyn, thank you for posting. I'm not on Facebook so didn't know what happened.

Nikki
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:56 pm

Yes, my little girl left me yesterday afternoon. I had gone up north to be with my brother, whose wife died Monday. I rushed home Sunday to be able to get Abby first thing the following Monday morning to spend some time with her. The vet came over yesterday afternoon and oh so very gently helped Abby cross to the Rainbow Bridge. The house is very still and quiet, and my heart is breaking.

She was only 11 - too young, in my opinion.
Well, damn, here come the tears again.

Thank you for your thoughts. Here she was at Christmas.
I just don't know who I'm going to beat every day now...my mind is blank.

mitch5252

Postby VickieP » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:03 pm

mitch5252 wrote:..

I just don't know who I'm going to beat every day now...my mind is blank.

VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:29 pm

((((Hugs))))). Nothing like walking through two loses at the same time. Glad that the vet was able to come to the beastie girl and she could be at home when you said goodbye. Keep breathing......
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby monik7 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:35 pm

Mitch I'm just so sorry. I think your Abby was just about the cutest dog I ever saw. Having lost Krissi just before Christmas I know so well how you feel. I know it's too soon, but given some time think about a rescue. My little Bindi, 2 yrs., that I got 3 weeks ago is just the sweetest and gentlest little girl. It makes my heart soar to see her coming out of her shell from whatever her life was or wasn't before. She's learning so much and is so happy. I know Krissi approves. So think about it once you've given it some time. No beating though!!! (((((HUGS)))))
Sandi
Last edited by monik7 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby avalen » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:39 pm

These times are never easy to get through , I'm so very sorry you
have to go through this.
Glad you were there though, but it just isn't fair.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:52 pm

Mitch, I am so sorry to hear about Abby! It sure never gets easier whenever we lose a furbaby. Think of all the good memories you have of her! Take care and beat a pillow if you need to!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:04 pm

a pillow sounds good...thoughts go out to you Mitch...and (((hugs)))
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:31 am

So very sorry for your loss. I know how much it hurts. Know my thoughts and hugs reach out across the miles.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:47 am

So very very sorry Mitch. :(((......
grammynmaggie

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:58 am

Thanks, everyone. I miss her like crazy and her little wiggle and her underbite that always made her look like she was smiling...yup, a lot of life - most of the life - has left this house.

I don't want another dog. I hope to become people's favorite doggie Auntie.

(3 losses - my SIL died on Monday up near Chicago (breast cancer), a good friend since jr. high (next town over from SIL) died the next day - he, too, had cancer, and Abby the following Monday) BLAM - I got slammed, that's for sure...). And you guys wonder why I like my wine? :roll:

mitch5252

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:02 am

So sad to hear of the loss of your little beast Mitch. Makes it 3 times as hard because you need to grieve for the other loss of dear ones.

Never say never Mitch. You may find the quiet is just too much. Took me 2 years to get Punk after my Molly went to the bridge, but if you're real plan is being a good doggie auntie, you better bring lots of treats to Giant City.

(((hugs)))
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:06 am

IrishIroamed wrote:...but if you're real plan is being a good doggie auntie, you better bring lots of treats to Giant City.

GREAT IDEA! Thanks!

I have tons of Made In The USA and Easily Digestible Treats (no Chinese crap for my Beast) - I will become the pooches' favorite Cookie Auntie (with permission from Mommies, of course....)
mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:07 am

You are already many pooches favorite auntie. Abby was a very special dog and I'm so sorry for your loss. You have such wonderful memories with her but that simply doesn't make up for her actual presence. Hugs to you.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Next

Return to Pets