Lily Has a New Home

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Lily Has a New Home

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:20 am

Well, I'm down to only five rescues dogs now. When I got Lily from the shelter she was on the next day's kill list. She was matted, underweight, not fixed and covered in fleas. I've had her since October and she is fatter, clean, spayed and a very happy little girl. I pretty much knew when I got her that I would be trying to rehome her as she is only about a year old and has endless energy and really needed someone younger. Today a nice lady who was referred by my vet, came for a meet and greet. She brought her neutered male Schnauzer and he and Lily hit it off big time. They ran around the yard playing together like the best of buddies. I knew she was the right person when she said her dogs have always slept with her under the covers. They all left together and she promised that if it didn't work out, FOR ANY REASON, she would return her to me. I warned her that if she gets really excited she might have an accident and that, altho she hadn't done anything for several days, she is a chewer so hide her shoes. So down to five until the next scruffy little terrier face calls to me.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: Lily Has a New Home

Postby monik7 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:46 pm

Good job Karen. It's people like you who do such a good job of providing a safe, temporary home until their forever home arrives. It must give you a lot of satisfaction to know you did a good thing. I'm feeling good now about having gotten my little rescue Bindi. I just love watching her coming out of her shell and blossoming into a happy, healthy little girl who seems to really like her forever home, her new mom and her two new sisters, Amy and Abby. We won't talk about my Adidas flip flop she chewed last night while I was out. I think it was because I didn't leave a light inside for them. She's been fine during the day. Oh well, not a disaster. All she has to do is look at me with her big brown eyes and I melt.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Return to Pets