Rescue Dog

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Re: Rescue Dog

Postby dragonflyer14 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:27 pm

Karen
You are right that chicken can cause many allergies...i have often heard that. I am slowly trying to switch my guys over to the turkey, duck, pheasant flavor to get away from chicken but Disney is so picky I don't know if that will ever really happen! Luckily they both tolerate it well, Dory really only has the problem with soy. I have tried repeatedly to get Disney to eat Cesar's wet food and he just wont have it at all! I wish he would eat a bit of wet food to fatten him up...the only thing he really likes is that Moist and Meaty kibble (at Walmart too)...not that great but I do mix a bit into his dinner if he is on a hunger strike...the things we do for our buddies! :lol:
Chris, Disney and Dory Doodle
dragonflyer14

Postby monik7 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:43 pm

OregonLuvr wrote:I buy Walmart cheap wet food Cesar's
karen

Both Abby and Bindi (and Krissi before) will not touch Cesar's wet food. They drive me crazy.

I stopped by Unleashed, which is a Petco store, and walked all their aisles and didn't see anything called Halo. Maybe I have to go to a regular Petco store. I told Bindi you said she's cute Chris. She smiled. :lol:
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:37 pm

I find that Petco and Petsmart don't carry either of the brands I like to get. Nutri Source or Natural Diamonds, so I have to get it at a Pet Mini Mart here in town. Google whatever food you are trying to buy and on their website they usually will give you locations that carry it.

I just googled it and it says Petco carries it so you might check with them. Sometimes it is tucked away and you cant see it.

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:25 am

Remi goes off his feed from time to time. For the past 9 years he has managed to maintain a decent weight all by himself but I do get concerned if he goes two meals without eating. This usually happens when we are out on the road. If he skips two meals I will sprinkle just a little shredded cheese through the dry kibble or a little cottage cheese. That is all it take for him to decide that he has an appetite again. He doesn't get the extras everyday. He does love his cheese, though! :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:37 pm

Tips was a very picky eater. Moxie used to make him eat. Oh, she was mean to him if he skipped too many meals. He went three days once until I think he realized he ate what I gave him or got nothing. But I wish I had tape of Moxie growling and snapping at him to make him eat. I'll never forget. She could make him do most anything.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Azusateach » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:40 pm

monik7 wrote:
OregonLuvr wrote:I buy Walmart cheap wet food Cesar's
karen

Both Abby and Bindi (and Krissi before) will not touch Cesar's wet food. They drive me crazy.

I stopped by Unleashed, which is a Petco store, and walked all their aisles and didn't see anything called Halo. Maybe I have to go to a regular Petco store. I told Bindi you said she's cute Chris. She smiled. :lol:
Sandi

Sandi, I'm just now seeing this as I've been camping where there's been no cell service.

Halo is a brand that Ellen DeGeneres has created, and I believe you can find it at places like Whole Foods and Sprouts. You might even be able to Google it to see where it's sold, too.

Hope you find something your pups agree on.
Azusateach

Postby snowball » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:57 pm

BirdbyBird wrote:Remi goes off his feed from time to time. For the past 9 years he has managed to maintain a decent weight all by himself but I do get concerned if he goes two meals without eating. This usually happens when we are out on the road. If he skips two meals I will sprinkle just a little shredded cheese through the dry kibble or a little cottage cheese. That is all it take for him to decide that he has an appetite again. He doesn't get the extras everyday. He does love his cheese, though! :)

I will have to try the cheese trick next time Shadow doesn't eat there has been more not eaten meals in a week than eaten at times...not sure if he gets tired of
the food or if it's when there have been changes made like when we moved into my daughter's house...some time I will have to write down what is going on
when he refuses to eat...
sheila
snowball

Postby monik7 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:26 am

I tried low fat cottage cheese and some cheese added in with turkey-based kibble from Walmart and the expensive wet food tonight. They both cleaned their bowls, so it was a success. Thanks for the idea. I still have to find a cheaper wet food though. Part of the problem I've noticed in the past is Abby seems to like something for a short time and then doesn't like it anymore.
Sandi

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
monik7

Postby monik7 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:51 pm

Bindi is now a certified, card-carrying RV puppy. She's currently traveling with her new mom and 2 big sisters (Abby and Amy) in Death Valley, stopping over at Furnace Creek where it's 92 degrees at the moment (somebody turned on the furnace! :lol:)
Sandi

monik7

Postby snowball » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Sandi is there lots of wild flowers in Death Valley?
sheila
snowball

Postby monik7 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:44 pm

snowball wrote:Sandi is there lots of wild flowers in Death Valley?
sheila

Sorry Sheila. There weren't that many as I drove in. Just some small yellow ones and other white ones. But they were spread out so not impressive. I was disappointed. As I was walking the dogs a lady came over to ask me where the flowers were because she didn't see any either. Maybe it's too late and the temps are sure rising. I see a better display about 8 miles east of my home in Dublin, CA. The hills are all green and covered completely with yellow mustard, poppies and lupine.
Sandi

monik7

Postby snowball » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:39 pm

have seen some posted on FB but never know if they are current or by gone years...but it's been a couple weeks ago
so betting they are past
not going to be down to AZ
just decided it was too hot and too busy for a while
sheila
snowball

Postby monik7 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:31 am

Short update to say how well Bindi is doing. She's on her first RV trip and has been to Death Valley, Pahrump, NV, Valley of Fire, and now we're parked next to Anita in Salome, AZ. Bindi really looks up to Abby and Abby chased away a horny Yorkie who was trying to jump Bindi. Good job Abby! Gotta go. Going on a Razor ride in the desert today with Anita and Leroy.
Sandi

monik7

Postby Liz » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:56 pm

Glad to hear Bindi is doing so well!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby monik7 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:17 pm

One year ago today, my sweet little Bindi joined our family and I was posting here to get ideas on how to get through her first night. After trying the garage, then the crate on the floor by my bed and finally just bringing her up on the bed, we made it through the first night.

So this is a Happy Anniversary to Bindi on her first year as a big part of our family. She is the sweetest and gentlest little girl and Abby adores her too. I can't help but smile when I look at her. She's such a blessing. Can you tell how much I love this little dog?

When she left the shelter

After a bath and extreme haircut at her foster home

A couple weeks ago

Sandi
Last edited by monik7 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

monik7

PreviousNext

Return to Pets