Rescue Dog

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Re: Rescue Dog

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:27 pm

Well you both survived the night LOL She sounds like she just needs some settling in time. She is adorable. What does Abby think? She doesn't know it yet but she has found a GREAT home. She will figure it out quickly I bet.

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby monik7 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:44 pm

OregonLuvr wrote:Well you both survived the night LOL She sounds like she just needs some settling in time. She is adorable. What does Abby think? She doesn't know it yet but she has found a GREAT home. She will figure it out quickly I bet.

karen

No jealousy on Abby's part. She wants to play with Bindi but Bindi is still apprehensive and I'm not sure she knows how to play. Hopefully in a few weeks she'll loosen up and become playful. Just in 24 hours she's improved. When I would pick her up yesterday, she would stiffen up and all 4 legs would be sticking out straight. I noticed today she's not doing that but she still needs to get more relaxed. Baby steps! :) Amy cat in typical fashion for her is avoiding Bindi. She did that when Abby was a puppy too.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby avalen » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:03 pm

What an adorable little dog
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby mtngal » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:59 pm

She's a sweetie! And I bet it won't be long til she figures out how lucky to live with you!
Diana
mtngal

Postby snowball » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:57 am

she is a cutie...and will be a neat addition...baby steps for everyone...Shadow has a hard time adjusting this adjustment to here
was forever....didn't eat well for over a month ...although for a dog that used to take a long walk to poo has gotten so that the deck is ok
better then snow I guess...
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:02 am

What a cute dog. Welcome to the group Bindi!
Velda
MandysMom

Postby monik7 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:00 pm

Now Bindi has diarrhea and she threw up a couple times early this morning. I tried to gradually change her food from the combination of 5 kinds the foster gave her, so guess it will take time. The last diarrhea was a few slightly bloody drops. I'm going to get some chicken this morning and will make some rice for her to have for awhile. Hope she's OK. A bright spot is that each time she needed to go out in the middle of the night, she stood up on the bed to get down. Thankfully I'm not a heavy sleeper and saw what she wanted and got her to the garage in time. She did well yesterday going #1 and 2 while walking. I figured out she wouldn't go potty on the tandem leash with Abby, but she did if I put her on the leash alone. Guess it just takes time to learn her ways and for her to get used to her new home and family. I feel bad she has diarrhea though.
Sandi

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
monik7

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:44 pm

Sandi might not be the food it could just be some stress. She needs an adjustment period too I am sure she is still confused wondering what is up?? When my dog is stressed about something she gets diarrhea too. I used to change her food I went grain free, chicken free, etc. Then realized food was okay just her so now I just feed a quality dog kibble and a little wet food mixed in. Now when she has these attacks for whatever reason I just give her a syringe full of Kaopectate the vet recommended. She is 13 pounds so she get 3ml three times a day. You might try that if you need to.

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Liz » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:18 pm

Hi Bindi! You are so cute!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Redetotry » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:00 am

What a sweetheart!!! I also liked her hair fluffy, but sometimes you just have to start over. She has come a long way in a short time. It sure didn't take her long to figure out where the prime sleeping spot was. :) So happy you found each other.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby monik7 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:23 pm

OregonLuvr wrote:When my dog is stressed about something she gets diarrhea too. I used to change her food I went grain free, chicken free, etc. Now when she has these attacks for whatever reason I just give her a syringe full of Kaopectate the vet recommended.karen

Thanks for the Kaopectate suggestion Karen. I had to go to 3 stores to find something other than peppermint flavor. :o I gave her 2ml a couple times. I think the chicken and rice helped a lot too. There was very little of the diarrhea this morning. And the great thing is she went potty at 5:45 pm and didn't have to go out until Abby wanted to get up at 6:45 am. At least that shows without diarrhea she can hold for a long time. Now all I have to do is figure out what kind of regular kibble she will eat and gradually give it to her. Thanks again everyone for your suggestions. We're definitely making great progress.
Sandi

monik7

Postby Bethers » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:54 pm

:D :D
Love good updates.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:35 pm

Love your new companion! Do keep us up to date on her progress.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby OregonLuvr » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:35 pm

Glad it is working out for you Sandi. My dog is old, like me LOL she is 13 and had 6 teeth pulled a couple of years ago. Not her back chewing teeth but I now feed her Diamond Naturals small breed Chicken and Rice or Lamb She is doing well on this food. The kibble is small as she is a lazy a** dog and doesnt want to spend too much time chewing LOL

I found my Kaopectate at Walmart the stuff the vet gave me was peppermint flavored ha ha didnt seem to bother her but the pink around her mouth cracked me up. I use a syringe and she does pretty well taking it. Silly me I thought she would just "lap" it up.....NOOOOO I am using the white stuff now when needed.

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Liz » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:26 pm

The vet told me to mix the kapectate with a small spoon of plain yogurt for my cat. When he didn't need the kaopectate any more, he still wanted the yogurt.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

PreviousNext

Return to Pets