Feathers 'n Fur

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

Feathers 'n Fur

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:21 pm

Last Nov., I had taken Nicky out to play with another dog. It was a nice day and he fell asleep (following long play time) in the van. I decide to take care of several quick stop type errands on the way home. My last stop was to get some feather boas that I wanted to use in Christmas arrangement and to fill in a sparse fake Christmas tree so inner stem would not show. Then I remembered a friend was to have become a first time grandmother the night before and since I was nearby, decided to make one more stop to check on that situation. Nicky was still snoozing away on his pillow in the back.

We visited only about 20 minutes. You guessed it, he woke up. When I returned to the van it looked like someone had been killing chickens in there! Nicky had found the boas and must have had a ball tearing them to shreds. There were feathers everywhere, back, front, even on the headliner. He was covered in feathers too. As I screamed "What have you done?" he gave me this innocent look like "you don't think this is my fault, do you?" I was mad and tried to scold him but could not stop laughing. He looked like some furry 4 legged creature that had been crossed with a chicken. (Scolding is not effective when you're laughing.)

I picked feathers out of van for 2 days and still had them all over the place. Finally opened all the doors and took the leaf blower to it.

Hope you have something to laugh about today! Good for old bones in cold weather.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Re: Feathers 'n Fur

Postby Bethers » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:35 pm

Oh what a great story. The only thing I wish - is that you had had your camera handy :) I bet Nicky had an absolutely great 15-20 minutes.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:18 pm

Nicky must have had a ball - wish you had your camera.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby avalen » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:15 pm

:lol: I'm sure Nicky was thinking of teaching you a lesson :lol: or you bought a new toy
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:39 pm

Wish I'd had a camera with me that day too. Think that photo would make me laugh even on the bleakest days. Might also have won a contest or two.
bluepinecones

Postby Mollysmom » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:57 pm

that's SO funny !!!! I can just picture the look on his face :D
Thanks for sharing !!
Mollysmom

Postby WickedLady » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:07 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Great picture in my head but a camera would have been better. :lol:
Marda
WickedLady

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:50 am

Nicky must be somehow related to Cresties! That is soo funny & even without a pic I know exactly what that must have looked like. Here is a pic of what a Crestie does when she doesn't want to wear a diaper! The rest of it is laying in the floor. And I love the look on her face, like " Yeah, I did it. You wanna piece o'me??!" :twisted:

NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Bethers » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:55 am

Great pic - I love when they own up to what they do like that - cuz, ya know, ya gotta just love it - can't get mad at them, it's so dang cute that laughter comes first. Now, if I add lots and lots of feathers to that pic I can imagine Nicky even better than I did before.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:11 am

That's a really funny picture in my imagination....could have won America's Funniest if you'd had a video. Keep those cameras handy!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:01 pm

Love that photo. Yes, Nicky had that similar look on his face except he had feathers hanging from his mouth - actually hanging all over him.
Being cooped up in the house all week, he is not a happy camper. He has been relatively good except for last night; destroyed a set of coasters after I went to bed + rolled the den with toilet paper he somehow pulled from adjoining bath all the way across the room.
Tomorrow and thru the weekend we will go visit his friend so he can run to his hearts content.
bluepinecones

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:37 pm

Sure gave my day a good laugh, blue! Thanks for it!

I can just picture Nicky and all those feathers! HeeHee!

And, yes...keep your camera handy for the next event!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Redetotry » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:59 pm

Thanks for the funny story about Nicky & the feathers and the picture of the Crestie with an attitude after the diaper removal! They do get their messages across don't they.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Return to Pets