food

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

food

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:41 pm

Our got Pheebe Newman's Own organic dry dog food she seems to like that the only thing that she really has eaten since I got her... miss mermaid aka Cynthia gave me some to try and she ate it so I ordered some from Amazon today I can't find it anywhere.... I stopped at a small independent dog food store they have nothing but organic and no commercial dog food .... she also gave me one small packet of commercial brand Cesar... and she gobbled it up is that good for her is that a good brand.... I said Maggie Neutro I thought it was good... now I don't know if it was I'm just a worry wart I guess... any input would be great thank you
grammynmaggie

Re: food

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:42 pm

Forgot to finish what I was telling you independent store gave me about 6 bags of samples and she didn't want anything to do with any of it
grammynmaggie

Postby gingerK » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:19 pm

I have seen Newman's foods in my local Jewel stores. Not sure if they carry the one you mentioned or some other line of his dog food.

I've found this to be a helpful site when looking for dog food:
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

At this point, if she's not eating anything I would feed her what she seems to like and worry about what to change it to later on when things are more settled.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby avalen » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:46 pm

Our local grocery store carries it
Its a Kroger store, don't know what it would in your area
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby snowball » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:47 pm

one of Shadow's characteristics is he doesn't always eat will go days without...even for me...the last couple of meals he has gotten startled by something what I don't know and will quit eating and not go back to it...hopefully tonight he will decide that the food is more important than the fears of what he hears senses ro what ever his imagination makes up...here I have to keep his food in our bedroom as Waffles (the house dog) snarfs up what ever he finds but even in the 5th wheel it would be there all day and he won't eat till he wants to eat...
so perhaps your dog feels the same way can wait for a very long time....
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:28 pm

Tips was a very picky eater. Peaches is a picky eater. I learned to put their food down twice a day and give time to eat. After that time, if not eaten, I'd pick it up. No snacks. Tips, especially would turn up his nose, but both learned if they didn't eat, they didn't get anything. Guess what? They started eating. Regularly. Sometimes Tips still skipped meals. Sometimes Peaches only eats part of hers, but they make sure they get enough.

I like that you're looking for food she will like, but chances are she'll still stay somewhat finicky.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:00 am

Remi eats like Peaches does. Around here the food bowls go down and then after a reasonable amount of time all the bowls get picked up. Most of the pack eat in their crates because most English Cockers are chow hounds and will eat everything in sight if they can. The only way to maintain their waistlines is with a measuring cup. :roll: Anyway at least a third of the time Remi leave food in his bowl but never more than two or three meals in a row.... :o :roll: I never have had to change the amount that I feed him because of weight gain or loss, he maintains his trim and bouncy body all by himself! I should be so lucky regarding my own appetite.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby gingerK » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:52 pm

I have Labs. They eat everything that isn't nailed down. And some things that are. :lol: I put the food down and it's gone in about 60 seconds for the boys, but Molly takes a lot longer now. And she sometimes will turn her nose up at her dry food, so I've started adding a small amount of Fresh Pet to her bowl. I get it at Jewel or Target and it's the one that is in the refrigerated section. It comes in a bag and she likes the one that looks like shredded chicken the best. Whatever you add, do NOT add chicken broth to her food. It contains onion and onion is bad for dogs.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:15 am

thanks for the info everyone...I found a small indy dog food business here in Melbourne ....they have all organic food and health stuff...they gave me about 6 sample packets and she turned up nose at all...finally she eats 1/2 sq. packet of Cesar in morning and dry Newmans Own organic late afternoon ...she is still to skinny but is at least eating something ...again thanks...
grammynmaggie

Return to Pets