flea meds

Ask Questions, Post Info, Post Pictures - Show off your Pets

flea meds

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:35 am

I could use some help on deciding what flea medicine to use on Diva..
What do you use? Thanks
grammynmaggie

Re: flea meds

Postby avalen » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:12 am

I bought one of those collars like Carolb uses on her dogs, they are good for about 8 months, it works for ticks too. Called Seresto, bought it at Petco but you can get them at pet smart and amazon
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Irmi » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:12 am

Donna, we give Teddy Comfortis, which is a pill he takes once a month, as the Advantage he had been using quit working.
Irmi

Postby Redetotry » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:35 am

I have used the once monthly Sentinel pill year round for my dogs for years. It does not kill fleas but they can't reproduce if they get on the dog. It also is also a heart worm preventative. If Diva wasn't on heart worm meds was she checked for them before you adopted her? Since you are in Fl she especially needs heart worm medication, the vet needs to do a blood test before giving any heart worm medication.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby WickedLady » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:30 pm

I used Frontline here at home for a few years but fleas become immune after awhile so I am now using Advantage and it works fine.
WickedLady

Postby Colliemom » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:03 am

I use Revolution once a month. it's a Hearworm, Flea and Tick med all in one. Been using it for a number of years and have never seen a flea or anything on my dogs. Saves having to buy individual meds for each of those problems. It's a liquid that you squeeze from a small tube onto your dogs skin between the shoulder blades. You have to get it from your vet as they prescribe It according to your dogs size, no it's not one fits all type thing.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Return to Pets